Senior Cloud Engineer (Azure)
£65,000 | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 6 days ago
Our client is a dynamic, pioneering and inspiring financial Investment organisation and is transforming their Enterprise Platform environment. Currently we are urgently looking for a proactive and meticulous Cloud Engineer to join an Enterprise Engineering team. Working closely with Platform experts in Cloud, DevOps and Agile, you will possess contemporary industry knowledge and the skills required to engage, influence and challenge your peers. You will be successful at developing a strong internal network and provide support and work collaboratively with your immediate peer group with domain expertise.
The Cloud Engineer is a key role in a Transformation Programme, reporting directly to the Engineering Lead. You will work with a team of expert engineers to define and build a new way of working in the Cloud.
This is a hands-on role, where you can use your technical skills to help deliver new ways of working within an Information Security focused team.
* Extensive working knowledge and experience of designing, securing and integrating applications/systems within Azure public cloud environments
* Working technical knowledge of automation using a variety of tools such as PowerShell, Azure CLI, Runbooks, ARM Templates, Terraform etc as well as integrating services through APIs and orchestration tools such as Chef and Puppet
* Familiar with IT Security standards and industry recognised guidelines such as CIS and OWASP
* Working experience with Cloud secrets management such as Cloud vaults, key management & rotation, MFA, HSM's.
* Working technical knowledge of the techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorisation, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation.
* Familiar with Defence in Depth techniques.
* Ability to work independently.
* Familiar with containerization including building secure container images, architectural design, monitoring and security tooling for CI/CD pipelines such as Teamcity, Aqua Security, SonarQube.
* Familiar with production grade containerised deployments and orchestration at scale such as Kubernetes and Azure Kubernetes Service
* Keen interest in Information Security
What the client offers:
* Join a successful, growing company wanting to take a lead in financial technology.
* Work in a highly visible, cross-functional team with passionate individuals.
* Insight is proud to hire, develop and retain talented people through continuous.
* Investment in your career.
* Scope to develop your skills and knowledge and make a real difference.
* Attractive pay, bonus and benefits package.
A fantastic opportunity to join a great blue chip organisation, short listing now.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.