Senior Business Analyst - London Market Insurance
£85,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 19 days ago
Senior Business Analyst - Insurance
Hybrid - 1-2 pw onsite London (City)
Salary - £75,000 to £85,000
We currently have a new and exciting requirement for a Senior Business Analyst working for a leading specialist reinsurance broker. The role will sit in the technology, data and innovation team and be responsible for developing requirements and prioritising the product backlog for a business critical product. You will also contribute towards the product vision and roadmap.
- Conduct research & analysis in order to elicit shared understanding between the business and your team on deadlines, requirements and outcomes. Document as is and to be business process
- Gather information and requirements from the business and define improvements to processes, ensuring that solutions are designed for optimal business performance whilst being developed efficiently but also maintaining technical quality.
- Ensure that each user story / Epic is able to be linked to the wider strategy and supporting Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Aid in building commercial acumen in the team so they understand the “why” of each initiative, feature and story, focusing on solving our user’s problems while always seeing the bigger picture
- Work with the team to develop, refine and prioritise features and user stories on your backlog ensuring stories have robust acceptance criteria and are focused on maximising business value.
- Build and maintain development team backlogs, and take an active role in Agile ceremonies such as daily stand ups, planning, retrospectives and sprint reviews
- Coordinate and take an active role in testing new and existing systems to ensure they deliver on agreed user value. Work as part of the development team to successfully deliver initiatives and features based on agreed OKRs
- In discussion with the Business Sponsor, define business requirements in terms that the business can relate to and that is in sufficient depth for Business Change/IT to work with
What you will bring
- Significant Business Analysis experience gained within the London Market
- Experience with Broking/Policy administration system upgrades; through full lifecycle from change and impact analysis, testing, UAT support, user training and deployment.
- Knowledge of technical processing: pricing, claims or credit control.
- Experience/knowledge of OpenTWINS (desirable)
- Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS systems.
- Strong Agile experience
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships both internally and with external clients
- Proven ability to guide and mentor junior team members
On top of the salary will receive a number of great benefits which include: 27 days holiday, PMI, a 10% pension contribution and a performance related bonus.
Candidates must be based in the UK and hold a British/EU Passport or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Please apply now for more information
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.