Senior Automation Engineer - Bristol - Hybrid
£75,000 | Bristol | Permanent
Posted 23 days ago
Senior Automation Engineer
Bristol – Hybrid - 3days pw on site
£65,000 to £75,000
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Test Automation Engineer to join an experienced Quality Engineering capability. This is a pivotal role and the successful individual will have a proven track record of delivering progress in test automation and a strong working knowledge of programming languages, specifically TypeScript, as well as be familiar with major front end testing frameworks including Playwright, and Cypress.
• Design, develop, and maintain automated test frameworks and test suites.
• Identify, advocate for and deliver automation improvements across multiple teams and programmes.
• Identify appropriate tooling and methodology to improve overall automation coverage.
• Work closely with the development team and the business stakeholders to ensure that the frameworks are well understood and provide value.
• Work with the Continuous Delivery Lead to instill a culture of best practice within the team.
• Drive forward a culture of placing automation at the centre of what we do.
• Create understandable but thorough documentation to help others run the frameworks you have built.
What you will bring:
• Comprehensive commercial experience test automation designing, developing and maintaining test automation frameworks and test suites.
• A strong working knowledge of TypeScript
• Hands-on experience with Playwright and Cypress.
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and Agile methodologies.
• Familiarity with other testing frameworks and technologies.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members in test automation principles and best practices.
• You have strong organisational skills and are able to juggle multiple test activities simultaneously with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness.
• You have strong communication skills and can manage a diverse range of stakeholders in order to drive delivery.
•You enjoy keeping up with the latest technologies and trends in the test automation space and in the wider software development industry.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of between £65,000 and £75,000 plus you will receive a number of excellent benefits which include: 28 days holiday, a non contributory pension scheme, a discretionary performance related bonus of up to 15%, PMI plus many more.
Candidates must be based in the UK and hold a British/EU Passport or Indefinite Leave to Remain. Unfortunately sponsorship cannot be offered for this role.
Please apply now for more information
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.