Security Technical Lead - Banking - £70-80k - Remote-London
£80,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 11 days ago
Security Technical Lead - Banking - £70-80k - Remote/London
Our client is a leading investment bank based in central London. They have invested hugely in their technology systems and have successfully rolled out several bespoke platforms central to the bank's operations, as well as embarking on a technology-transformation programme across all areas of the bank. The security and stability of the bank's technology is therefore absolutely critical; this role sits in the award-winning, dynamic Cyber Security team.
For the right candidate, we can pay up to £80k basic salary, plus a phenomenal benefits package that is truly industry-leading!
As the Senior Security Technical Lead, you will be responsible for leading a small team of SMEs who deliver and support the Bank's enterprise malware, endpoint and browsing security solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will have strong leadership skills and a good track record leading a team of technology experts, as well as having a technical engineering background with good hands-on experience across various security solutions, ideally endpoint management, malware and browsing protection technologies.
You will be responsible for leading your team to success, as well as covering strategy, operations, continual improvement and reporting. We need a dynamic leader who can get things done drive results, as well as being responsible for performance management and team development. You will be in charge of operational excellence, understanding the requirements of the Bank's major programs of work and ensuring they can be delivered. You will be responsible for defining high level processes and ways of working behind providing the different malware, endpoint and browsing security services used by the bank. You will also be producing designs and supporting documentation.
You will be involved in greenfield projects from the get-go, including building cloud security solutions!
* Strong technical background including hands-on experience with endpoint management, malware, network security, browsing tools, antivirus
* Prior experience leading a team/managing a team
* Good knowledge of IT architecture
* Proven track record of defining, implementing and driving technical change
* Experience managing third party vendors/suppliers
* Exceptional communication skills are a must for this role, as you will not only be facing off to the wider business and external stakeholders but also presenting designs to governance forums
Nice to have:
* Knowledge of Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
* Exposure to cloud technologies
* Firewall policy management and knowledge of networks/network protocols
* Prior experience working for a large corporate company or FTSE 100 organization would really
You will be working fully remotely until at least September, and after that will have the choice to work flexibly either at home or in the office, only needing to be in Central London once or twice per month as a minimum for key meetings.
* Industry leading non-contributory pension scheme
* 7% benefits allowance which can be put towards flexible benefits or added onto your salary
* 25 days holiday allowance with the chance to buy 13 additional days
* Private medical insurance
* Income protection insurance
If you would like to learn more about this role, please send your CV to Petria for immediate consideration!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.