SDET QA Engineer
£60,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 11 days ago
SDET - QA Engineer
London (Remote Initialy)
£45,000 - £60,000 p/a
Are you an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test? Are you looking for your next exciting career move? Would you like to use your strong Automation QA experience, working for a global organisation, where you will be trusted and given the tools to better yourself? Well, look no further, as the perfect opportunity is right in front of you!
My client, a Global Loyalty and Benefits Organisation are looking for a SDET QA Engineer to join them on a permanent basis, who will collaborate and work within agile scrum teams, ensuring Functional and non-functional testing has been done to mitigate risks for the solution/delivery.
To be a good match for this role, you will have experience with the following; Java Programming, BDD, API's, Github, AWS.
Should the client be interested in your profile, the process would incorporate a technical module at the first stage of interview, which will allow you to showcase your Java programming, API and BDD skills, which if deemed strong enough, will allow you to advance to the final stage of the interview process.
Purpose of the job
You will work closely with the agile team members, such as Product Owners, BA's, Developers and Technical Leads and champion quality through understanding Business risk and impact and ensure that an accurate quality level is assessed and communicated for the application under test.
You will assess what tests are suitable for regression and automate tests into BDDs at different levels (feature level, user journey/end-to-end) depending on the requirement. Mentor the juniors in the team on tools and techniques.
- Prepare test cases corresponding to business and functional requirements
- Devise and carry out both manual and automated tests to establish the quality of the software under test
- Use the appropriate test automation software to execute test automation scripts
- Follow Test Data and Test Case execution processes
- Provide the link between the development team and business representatives regarding testing and quality
- Detect bugs and issues as early as possible in the process. Log, prioritise, and track bugs and issues
- Prevent bugs and issues by thinking of relevant scenarios that can help meet the validation of acceptance criteria at story development stage
- Contribute in project status meetings daily scrums and agile planning as required by the project
- Be the advocate for quality when testing is being discussed
- Contribute to planning sessions with estimations and timelines
- Identify and communicate patterns to improve software development
- Advocate and evangelise for best practises like Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Drive use of Open Source and share latest tools across the QA team
- Help to maintain and develop automated test suites, aiming for constant improvement
- Work with the Delivery, Test and Agile Leads to ensure all testing and QA tasks are accurately planned within the overall agreed timeframes of the projects
- Provide regular and accurate reports of progress
- Compile brief user guides and wiki instruction pages for other QA team members
- Be the point of contact for testing within a Scrum team
- Make testing related decisions on behalf of the Scrum team
Knowledge, Skills and experience required
- Good understanding of agile software development lifecycle including open source test automation tools and frameworks
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Agile team with CI/CD and heavy Java test automation environment
- Experience of working with Cucumber (BDD), Serenity (Java Automation) and Spring Boot Frameworks preferable
- Proven ability to automate test scripts using Selenium Webdriver for Web and Mobile applications
- Extensive knowledge of automating, debugging and maintaining API tests and frameworks
- Understand and apply SOLID principles for patterns in developing Automation frameworks.
- Ability to work with team members to troubleshoot any problems and ensuring that all relevant personnel are kept informed of progress.
- Capacity to deliver on multiple projects, expertly switching priorities as the need demands
- Creating and maintaining manual test scripts in a Test Management tool.
- Expertise in identifying and documenting defects using JIRA
- Familiar with writing SQL queries and Shell scripting to generate test artifacts
- Cross platform/browser testing preferably using BrowserStack
If you are interested and would like to review a full job spec please click APPLY and send CV's to Ashley.Waterman@ iqtalentsolutions.com OR call on: 01892 553 241.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.