Scrum Master - Remote-Surrey
£75,000 | Kingswood | Permanent
Posted 8 days ago
18 month FTC
£65-£75k + excellent benefits
We currently have three fantastic opportunities for Scrum Masters to join our client who are on a journey to disrupt, transform and lead their marketplace.
You will be responsible for promoting and supporting our clients continued digital transformation journey through agile delivery. Making sure their teams and stakeholders understand the values, practices and mindset of scaled agile.
Day to day you will:
* Provide continuous coaching of the team, stakeholders and leadership on Scrum and Agile principles.
* Arrange and facilitate Agile ceremonies.
* Improve value delivery by removing roadblocks and impediments that prevent progress.
* Work with and coach the Product Owner to refine and prioritise the backlog.
* Review of Agile metrics to provide visibility into data that the team needs to see, and understand to improve.
* Foster team self-organization, help the team to make decisions and consult team members regarding everything Agile.
* Assist the team to break down epics and to map out the user stories, as well as writing, splitting and estimation of user stories.
* Assist with the release planning.
* Regularly communicate with stakeholders.
* Facilitate learning opportunities for colleagues (e.g. talks or workshops) helping them learn important Agile concepts.
* Ensure the team keeps focus on the sprint goal (e.g. by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the team) to deliver the work committed to in the sprint.
* Help the team to maintain their Scrum tools (Story board, Action board, charts, backlogs, etc.).
* Facilitate cross-training of team members to improve domain and skill knowledge.
* Follow up with the team on the action items from the previous retrospective.
* Make time for individual coaching, and assist individual team members with issues and challenges they are facing.
* Liaise between leadership, delivery managers, product owner, stakeholders and the team.
Experience you will bring:
* Be a champion of Scrum and Agile and proactively guide and support the organisation with their adoption of Scaled Agile, including Scrum practices and values.
* Have a passion for coaching teams and helping them improve the ways they work.
* Build a safe and trusting environment.
* Extensive knowledge of JIRA (or similar tools) and how they can be used to improve processes and efficiencies of the team.
* Have an excellent understanding of the underlying principles of Agile and how to effectively apply Scrum in complex, real-world situations.
* Have in depth knowledge of Scaled Agile methods. Such as but not limited to XP, TDD, BDD and continuous integration. Understand when and how these tools can be most effectively implemented to assist teams to improve their ways of working.
* Experience working in the financial and/or ecommerce industry
* An industry approved certification such as A-CSM, PSM II or higher.
* Have experience working with distributed teams and effectivity promoting collaboration, using online tools.
* Excellent commination skills
* Experience of using the value stream map so as to help teams eliminate waste by applying lean principles.
* Excellent team player and collaborator with a focus on team dynamics that foster unity.
The role can be based remotely, with a requirement to attend their office in Surrey biweekly for Scrum ceremonies.
Candidates must be based in the UK and hold a British/EU Passport or ILR.
Please apply now for more information
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.