Risk Governance Manager
£77,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 16 days ago
InterQuest are delighted to be working with a well-established bank to help support with the recruitment of a Risk Governance Manager. Playing a key role in supporting enterprise risk management and model governance. The role involves managing the delivery and evolution of the risk governance framework, specifically focusing on model risk governance to minimize associated risks.
- Support the Risk Governance Lead in managing the group's risk governance framework and model risk governance.
- Organize and manage committees, including the Model Governance Committee and Credit Models Technical Forum.
- Promote a strong risk awareness culture and provide ad-hoc support to the Head of Risk Operations and Governance.
- Collaborate with Model Owners and the Model Development Team to centralize information and advise on model governance best practices.
- Evolve and embed the risk committee framework and support the broader risk and compliance committee structure.
- Coordinate the annual review of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and oversee the preparation and consolidation of risk management information.
- Support oversight, monitoring, and reporting of group-level principal risks and emerging risks.
- Lead and advance the Model Risk Governance framework, enhancing reporting and processes.
- Manage the Model Governance Committee and related forums, including pack collation and minute taking.
- Maintain the Group Model Inventory and ensure accuracy of information.
- Conduct the annual business certification exercise for local model inventories.
- Investigate and report on observed model risk operational events.
- Maintain a database of model limitation issues and run assurance activities to ensure compliance with the Model Risk Policy.
- Ensure adherence to Governance and Compliance requirements and fulfill reporting activities required by Regulatory Bodies.
- Support the identification and delivery against evolving regulatory and legislative requirements impacting the Model Risk Framework.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong organizational mindset with the ability to manage multiple work-streams.
- Experience in running executive-level committees and broader risk governance processes.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Proficient in minute taking, analytical skills, and reporting.
- Ability to quickly learn new subjects.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint, with basic knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Desirable: Proven experience in delivering risk governance, knowledge of models, model risk, IRB, or IFRS 9.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.