Risk & Controls Manager, Financial Services
£80,000 | Greater London | Permanent
Posted 10 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our key clients in the Telecommunications sector supporting them with the recruitment of a Risk & Controls Manager.
The role will be responsible for Risk Management and Internal Control processes that support the activities of the Chief Customer Officer, which primarily to focus on the business' Financial Services activities.
What is expected of the a Risk & Controls Manager;
Risk Management & Controls
- Leading, coordinating and supporting the performance of effective risk management in their area of the business, focusing on our Services business and specifically our Financial Services activities
- To support the Group Director of Risk in their duties as an FCA SMCR and to undertake risk & controls work across our regulated activities, including:
o Manage and operate a 2nd line of defence risk & control framework
o Production of an overall conduct risk dashboard covering regulated activities
o Production of Operational Risk assessment for businesses that undertake regulated activities
o Management of third-party risk for supplier that support regulated activities
o Review and reporting of InfoSec/IT availability for systems supporting regulated activities
o Managing the Product Governance process to ensure regulatory obligations for review and approval on new regulated products and changes to existing products are appropriately scrutinised
o Evaluating the effectiveness of the conduct risk & control framework
o Undertaking training to raise SMCR and colleague awareness of conduct risk obligations
- Production, analysis and reporting of key conduct data
- Providing feedback on the quality and rigour of risk identification, control evaluation and management activities to leadership in the business in order to support continuous improvement
- Escalating high priority risks to the Group Director of Risk
- Reporting the key risk and control information on a quarterly basis to the FCA Compliance Committee, Group Risk & Compliance Committee and other forums as required
- Acting as a key stakeholder in advising and consulting on the risk implications of key business change projects.
- Work with Compliance Monitoring and Internal Audit to support pre and post internal audit activities (scope building, action implementation)
What we look for in a Legal Counsel;
- Familiarity with the FCA Handbook, in particular; PRIN, SYSC, DISP, TC, ICOBS & CONC.
- Understanding of requirements for and practical experience in implementing and managing a Risk management in the context of a financial services environment
- Experience relevant experience in a risk, audit or compliance function with particular reference to Financial Services or Corporate risk.
- Knowledge of the credit broking and insurance markets, gained through working within the general insurance and consumer credit industry would be helpful.
- Proven track record in the design and implementation of risk and control frameworks in large, global organisations
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Experience in equivalent role within large scale business, preferably in the financial services sector
- Background in Big 4 desireable
- Knowledge of FCA regulation - desirable
- Proven PC skills including Word , Excel, Powerpoint
- Highly organised, able to deliver reliably to deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Calm and resilient under pressure with ability to deal with a fast pace of change
- Pragmatic and good at working in partnership/ working collaboratively with others
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive style and attitude. Able to work autonomously with enthusiasm and energy
What you will receive;
- Prestigious brand to adds to you portfolio
- Permanent Contract
- Competitive rate at £75,00- 80,000 + Benefits
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.