Remote Security Engineer
Competitive | Bristol | Permanent
Posted 15 days ago
Security Engineer (fully remote)
This client is a leading communications service, which is booming in the current climate. Their product roadmap offers even more game-changing innovations than ever before, and they are currently looking for a Security Engineer to join their team that are growing and are currently a market leader in their industry. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in creating structure and process in this lively workplace.
What You'll Do:
Assist in security reviews of production infrastructures
Daily monitoring of security event logs and tools and help to differentiate incidents from events
Investigation and remediation for suspected incidents
Assist with Vulnerability Management process
Work as a team to facilitate patching
Help to automate day to day tasks using self-created tools and scripts
* 3-5 years relevant work experience in an information security role
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience working with firewalls and intrusion detection systems
* Relevant experience with multi-tier internet-facing architectures
* A solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking services (DNS, SMTP, HTTP/S)
* Strong Operating System experience (Windows & Linux)
* Strong understanding of security principles, architectures, tools and processes
* Working experience with one or more languages; PowerShell, Python, Bash, Perl, PHP etc.
If you have a passion for digging through data to find anomalies, root out the cause and recommend action, this is your next opportunity!
Shortlisting now, apply ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.