£85,000 | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 5 days ago
InterQuest are proud to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are an industry leader in the Banking sector, supporting them with the recruitment of a Relationship Manager to join their team in London. This role offers hybrid working, a Up to £85,000 base salary and company benefits.
You will assist the CPF team in achieving its commercial real estate finance targets (asset book target, gross DD target, income targets including fee-based income). You will review, analyse and recommend new financing opportunities as well as generating new business in-line with personal objectives
What is expected of the Relationship Manager?
* To assist Head of Commercial Banking in identifying and analysing new opportunities.
* Source and analyse new opportunities / deals and present the same to respective Credit Authorities.
* Performs KYC / AML enhanced due diligence on existing and new customers.
* Proactively manage covenant compliance by maintaining a diary pertaining to their portfolio.
* Review and verify that the approved credit terms are in line with the conditions of sanction.
* Identify inherent market, structural, cash flow and refinance risk profiles.
* Liaise with transaction management team to finalise head of terms and opine on complex documentation requirements.
* Reviews and cross checks the document checklist ahead of facility completion and sign off.
* Reviews client property valuations and insurance in line with adherence to policy.
* Analyses all development drawdown requests and bank monitoring surveyor reports and performs monthly/Quarterly monitoring.
* Prepare and submit quality credit proposals for sanction by the Credit Risk team including verification of credit policy compliance. These include documentation waivers / amendments which are to be submitted via a credit memo to the Head of Commercial Banking.
* Conduct periodic annual reviews and verifies credit policy compliance.
* Identify Watch triggers, EWIs and recommend robust, bespoke and innovative workout strategies whilst avoiding cost carrying issues. Also, complete Forbearance / Watch reports for the respective clients.
* Undertake stress scenarios with forward looking cash modelling and demonstrate understanding of Slotting, PD & LGD model input (Inc. mandatory assertion) and ECL calculations.
* Prepare credit submissions in-line with the Credit Policy and conduct periodic annual reviews and verifies creditpolicy compliance.
What we look for in a Relationship Manager?
* Experience at analysing and financing significant real estate projects including commercial investment property (covering multi-commercial sectors), residential development. residential investment.
* Proven experience of successfully achieving sales targets and delivering profitable business in a sales environment.
* Experience analysing property appraisals and funding models.
* Experience of dealing with project monitors and Quantity Surveyors.
* Experience of Bank syndications, FX market and interest rate products and investment management services.
* A good working knowledge of Business Accounts (Sole traders, Limited Companies, Partnerships)
* Ability to prepare and present detailed credit applications for submission to the Bank's Credit Committee with supporting relevant analysis.
* Understanding the macroeconomics factors affecting the real estate sector.
* Customer relationship management skills.
* Knowledge of appropriate legislation/regulation
* Experience working in a regulated environment
What the Relationship Manager will receive?
* The opportunity to work for an industry leading brand
* Up to £85,000
* Hybrid working
* Industry leading benefits
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.