Rapid Application Developer
£525 per day | Newcastle | Contract
Posted 4 days ago
Rapid Application Developer - £500 - £525 a day - Inside IR35 - 6 Month initial contract - Coventry, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Liverpool or Manchester
The role of the Rapid Application Developer is to work with stakeholders and turn their business requirements into working solution using rapid development platforms such as MS Power Platform (including PowerApps, Power Bi, Power automate,) SharePoint, Dynamics.
As a Rapid Application Developer you will have deep technical skills across one or more of these technologies in order to contribute to technical decisions and discussions about their improved use, as well as contributing to the wider technical community.
The client thrives on continuous improvements and is always seeking better tools, processes and services for their users, so it is essential that you have experience in promoting knowledge sharing and adoption of good practices.
Business stakeholders, QAT Analysts, User Researchers, UX Designers, Content Designers, Product Managers, Delivery Managers, Architects, Tech Communities.
Job accountabilities and responsibilities:
* Design and develop applications and dashboards utilising the Microsoft Power Platform framework (Power Apps, Power Automate, PowerBI, SharePoint Online)
* Analyse business requirements through collaboration with stakeholders, Management, and the user community
* Develop and present business cases for rapid development opportunities
* Perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test and deploy software successfully within the organisations
* Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams etc
* Assist in the onboarding of developed applications
* Where applicable, work with third party developers to deliver added value
* Maintain internal documentation
* Conduct daily systems analytics to maximise effectiveness and troubleshooting problems
Key skills and abilities:
* Good Experience in the Microsoft Power Platform - MS PowerApps, Power Bi, Power Automate, Flow, SharePoint
* Experience as a SharePoint Site Owner and/or Site Collection Administrator
* Strong foundational knowledge of Office 365 platform including Exchange, Intune, Azure AD, and Azure ecosystem
* Experience customizing SharePoint lists and disparate systems with PowerApps.
* Experience developing PowerApps model.
* Ability to create business processes and custom connectors with Microsoft Flow.
* A clear understanding of PowerApps formulas and development methods.
* Proficient creating PowerShell scripts.
* Experience with SQL Server, Azure Analysis Services
Knowledge & Experience
* A strong understanding of the GDS Technology Code of Practice with experience of iterating and advising right way of applying those guidelines. In addition, experience of working with the GDS design components.
* Experience in working in a large and complex public sector digital transformation programme.
* Developing in multi-disciplinary software development teams in an agile environment.
* Creating technical specifications, reviewing specifications created by other team members and providing constructive feedback.
* Contributing to Software Development CoP as a speaker, author or online contributor.
Desirable education & qualifications
* Degree in a Computing related subject.
* Microsoft professional certifications or willing to work towards those that are relevant to the job role.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.