QA Manager-Lead QA Engineer - Surrey
£65,000 | Redhill | Permanent
Posted 8 days ago
LEAD QA ENGINEER
We are currently searching for an experienced and quality focused Lead QA Engineer to join one of the UK's leading names in UK financial services, based at their head office near Redhill.
Leads the Quality Engineering Team in their product domain. Works to improve the capability and processes in their domain and across the wider Quality Engineering Team. Leads the test participation in all the projects and teams within their domain. Works with the product owners to ensure project backlog items are clear, correct, and have sufficient detail to enable the Quality Engineers to prove the acceptance criteria have been achieved. Produces a high-quality approach to testing within their domain, and on their projects that ensures that that the product being delivered will provide the business outcomes required, in line with the appetite for risk and overall project budget. Ensures that test automation is embedded in all the projects within their domain, and that regression is being covered by it wherever appropriate.
* Leads Quality Engineering across their domain.
* Improves Capability and processes in across both their domain and the wider Quality Engineering team.
* Leads the test participation in projects across their domain.
* Works with the product owners to improve the quality of the product backlog items and ensure they are clear, correct, and have sufficient detail.
* Produces a high quality approach to testing, based off of or overriding the Engineering Test Approach that ensures the product being delivered will work.
* Manages the test environments across their domain.
* Ensures Test automation is embedded within their projects.
A strong background in software testing across multiple domains
* Experience of assessing test coverage and working with many business and technical stakeholders to ensure coverage is appropriate.
* Experience of leading a team of Quality Engineers (4-10)
* Experience and understanding of the wider Quality role required in order to improve quality across the full project delivery lifecycle and drive continuous improvement.
* Experience of working in an agile, SCRUM & Dev Ops delivery model.
* Experience of workflow management tools such as jira.
* Able to understand complex requirements, and how to test them.
* Experience of creating test approaches, test plans and test scripts is important.
* Able to collaborate with across IT and the wider company.
* Experience of mentoring and developing more junior team members.
* Experience with managing test automation.
* Financial services experience (desirable)
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary of between £50,000 and £65,000 (depending upon experience) plus some great benefits which include; 25 days holiday, PMI, company bonus, agile working
Please apply now for immediate consideration
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.