QA Engineer - Surrey
£50,000 | Redhill | Permanent
Posted +1 month ago
We are currently searching for a driven and quality focused QA Engineer to join one of the UK's leading names in financial services, based at their head office near Redhill.
We are in a transitional phase working towards a scaled agile organisation, continually adapting and improving our ways of working through developing our agile practices. You will join a large engineering team who are organised into Product squads working alongside Product Manager, Delivery Managers, Engineers and other QA resource.
We are looking for a QA Engineer who understands testing and how to best contribute to the creation of quality software. We are looking for someone who can work out what needs to be tested and what doesn't, and help us prevent bugs by contributing to the creation of quality acceptance criteria. We are looking for people that know what it is like to be part of a quality agile team, and can help us get there.
The key accountabilities for this role are:
- Work with the other members of the team to understand the software being tested
- Develop and execute appropriate testing whether automated or manual
- Advise other members of the team on the appropriate levels of test coverage and work with them to ensure that it is carried out
* Experience of working and collaborating in an Agile team
* Experience with Jira or similar defect and workflow management software
* Exposure to BDD and/or TDD techniques
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be driven to learn and develop new skills, tools and technologies
* Experience of testing web services/ microservices/web APIs
* Financial sector experience
* Experience of working within a continuous integration environment
* Exposure to testing software in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or others
* Experience with the following technologies: Java, XML, JSON, SOAPUI, Postman, Junit, Selenium, Jenkins
In return, you will receive a salary of between £40,000 and £50,000 plus a number of great benefits which include; 25 days holiday, PMI, company bonus, agile working
Please apply now for more information
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.