£600 per day | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 19 days ago
About the role
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join us as we continue to build out our Technology hub in the heart of London/ Manchester. This strategic Technology-focused initiative was set up with a mission to digitise our investment process and is critical to our technology transformation.
It's an exciting opportunity to join as we continue to grow the office. Our continued growth will
enable us to keep up with the demand for innovative technical solutions and meet the needs of our growing business.
The role aligns to our Performance and Attribution product team. The team are undertaking a strategic initiative to provide a consolidated view of Performance & Attribution data across multiple product streams. The team will enable consistent integration with additional applications including Tableau, Anaplan (Finance), RDM (Reporting), PRIME (Quant Tooling) and new Portfolio Manager apps.
As a QA Engineer, beyond your day to day work you will:
* Provide technical advice to other QA Engineers and take an active role in designing new technical standards.
* Take ownership for driving change and innovation, bring relevant teams together and lead continuous improvement within the practice.
* Assess, recommend, deliver and track QA strategy based on functional and non-functional requirements.
* Present information concisely and with clarity to individuals in and outside of the Technology function.
* Promote a positive team culture, identify, and implement ways to improve teamwork. Build effective relationships throughout the organisation.
* Participate in and, where appropriate, lead meetings with business stakeholders.
* Demonstrate a strong desire for continuous learning to support yourself and colleagues in day-to-day work and product team deliveries.
Knowledge, skills and behaviours required
* Tooling - Cucumber JS, Cypress, Playwright, JMeter,
* Hands on experience building test automation frameworks and setting up test harnesses.
* Experience working in Agile teams performing iterative development.
* Fundamentals and approaches: TDD/BDD/ATDD, OOP, SOLID principles
* DVCS with Git or Mercurial.
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines (TeamCity / Artifactory).
* Ability to collaborate with end users, stakeholders, and team members.
* Programming as part of a team and performing peer code reviews.
* Comfortable working with complex data on large systems with multiple integration points
* Demonstrate initiative and the ability to solve problems independently.
* Stand by software engineering principles around quality and doing things the right way.
* Have a constant desire to improve knowledge and drive adoption of new tech approaches within the team.
* Measure quality and use it to drive continuous improvement.
* Own mistakes and work with your colleagues to redress them, learn from them and make improvements for the long-term.
* Be able to communicate abstract or complex ideas or solutions effectively.
* Confidence and gravitas to challenge and offer alternative solutions, whilst also listening to other viewpoints and opinions.
* Be the person standing up for quality in the first instance and pervade that attitude throughout the team and into the wider business teams
* Experience triaging production issues and supporting the mitigation or remediation
Knowledge, skills and behaviours desired, but not mandatory
* Azure. We are early-days in a journey to an enterprise-scale, globally distributed eco-system for software solutions.
* Docker / Containerisation.
* Experience of working directly with a highly-skilled and highly-educated user base to deliver software solutions that positively impact the business.
* Distributed, service-based architectures (messaging, pub/sub, micro-services).
* Awareness of penetration testing
* Experience owning and managing releases into production environments
* Familiarity and considerable exposure to asset management data models
* Awareness of performance return calculations
* Understand the fundamentals of Performance attribution (specific calculation methodology not required)
* Experience with using/working on Performance systems
* Join a successful, growing company wanting to take a lead in financial technology.
* Work in a highly visible, cross-functional team with passionate individuals.
* We are proud to hire, develop and retain talented people through continuous investment in your career.
* Scope to develop your skills and knowledge and make a real difference.
* Attractive pay, bonus and benefits package
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.