Prudential Risk Analyst (Contract)
£550 per day | London | Contract
Posted 23 days ago
Prudential Risk Analyst (Contract)
Reports to: Head of Prudential and Financial Risk Assurance
Direct reports: 1 (temporary)
Day Rate: £450 - £550p/d
Contract Length: 3 Months initial
The Prudential and Financial Risk Assurance team is a new team being set up to drive business engagement in financial and prudential risk requirements such as business forecasting, strategy planning as well as design, define, document and maintain key prudential risk framework documents (ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan, etc.). The team will also be accountable for creating and delivering prudential risk training, the update and oversight of treasury risk policies and prudential and financial risk monitoring and reporting, including compliance with RAS and limits frameworks.
The role of the prudential risk analyst will be to support the head of this team in delivering key prudential risk framework documents such as the ICAAP and ILAAP, updates to the Recovery Plan and servicing the financial resilience working group (FRWG) whilst the team is being built and key processes put in place.
The role will have specific responsibilities for assisting the Head of the team in overseeing Treasury and Finance, in areas including Liquidity and Funding Risk, Market Risk, Capital and Treasury Credit Risk.
There will be one junior team member reporting to this role for a temporary period and for some deliverables, there will be a dotted reporting line into the CRO
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
* Supporting the embedding the bank's prudential risk management framework into its operations and processes.
* Driving business engagement in risk-related processes such as stress testing or portfolio forecasting
* Ensuring the Bank's Prudential Risk documents namely the Recovery Plan, the ICAAP and ILAAP are updated to reflect regulatory requirements and market best practices annually. This includes coordinating workstream deliverables, presenting approval items to the governance committee, identifying/ retaining external consultants to provide 3rd line review, ensuring relevant documentation is completed on time for annual submission to the Board and provision of training materials for distribution to senior management.
* Providing input to / leading on the development of key prudential risk reporting and treasury risk oversight such as ALCO, Balance Sheet Management Forum
Essential qualifications & experience
* There is a need for this person to hit the ground running with solid experience (5 to 7 years) in prudential and financial risk management and good knowledge of banking products, and of best practice around associated processes is essential
* Track record of risk change delivery in a financial services environment is desirable as will be working in a change driven environment
* Deep understanding of 2nd line of defence enterprise risk frameworks and associated risk domains such as prudential risks, credit risk, liquidity risk,
* Solid experience with recovery planning, stress testing programs, ILAAP and ICAAP processes and documentation
Desirable qualifications & experience
* Appropriate formal risk qualification.
* University degree (minimum UK 2:1 or equivalent).
* Strong communication and presentation delivery skills
* Experience of working with senior Board Directors/Management Board
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong business skills.
* Structured thinking and analytical skills, and ability to express ideas succinctly.
* High level of competence with end-user computing tools including Microsoft Excel and Word and communication tools such as MS Teams, SharePoint, for example
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, internal/external networker.
* Team player.
* Creative and adaptable.
Key success factors
* Ability to create consistent high-quality output.
* Ability to influence peers to deliver risk management priorities
* Ability to command credibility and build trust at all levels both internally and external - maintain good working relationships with all areas of the Bank.
* Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to understand and assimilate complex financial issues
* Maintain and develop robust systems, controls and processes.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.