Project Manager - Financial Services
£800 per day | London | Contract
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 8 days ago
Project Manager - Financial Services
This role is inside IR35 so use of an umbrella company is required during this contract period.
Our client a large Asset management company require a committed Asset management Project manager o come onboard asap and offer the below skills, strategies and knowledge to this huge programme of exciting work:
The role is for a Project Manager to perform two key roles:
· Manage and coordinate the technology deliverables across the Caterpillar programme; working with the product teams to ensure that the required changes for project Caterpillar are in their backlog and being delivered according to the timeframes agreed
Coordinate the Investments workstream ensuring that any requirements emanating from the addition of the Mellon accounts and staff to the current investment desks and processes
- Proven track record as a lead Project manager role within financial services
- Good understanding of Asset Management including the roles of the various participants within the industry.
- Exposure to a wide spectrum of financial products including ETD, OTC, FI, Equity and their associated market practice / processes a couple of these products will be required to be able to move forward.
- Understanding of agile development practises
- Project Management
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
- Excellent at building and maintaining relationships
- Business Analysis
- Knowledge of work management tools such as JIRA
- Overall planning of project taking into account timelines agreed with product teams
- Tracking of technology deliverables with the product teams
- Working with the product teams to track and manage risks and issues within the programme
- Tracking of budget across the product teams and for any external spend and working with product teams to product accurate forecast spend
- Working with the product managers and product owners to identify any new requirements emerging from the business; establishing the relevant priority; identifying impacted teams and working with them to schedule required work
- Coordination and representation of Project Caterpillar priorities at the relevant product team forums including quarterly planning sessions, scrum of scrums and where required specific product team meetings
- Coordination of any testing across teams including end to end testing with Northern Trust
- Coordination of technology teams for migration dry-runs and parallel runs for each phase
- Work with the investment desks including regular check-ins with the Heads of each desk to ensure that any operational or system gaps are identified, fed to the product teams where required and tracked through the programme.
- Project reporting as required e.g. status, risks, issues etc
- Stakeholder management throughout including senior technology management
- Happy to "roll up sleeves" and take a hands-on approach where required e.g. checking of outputs from a testing round
- Able to work with Product Teams that will have different business owners and priorities to create and gain agreement to a co-ordinated set of project outcomes.
- Good leadership and influencing skills, able to work with multiple teams to deliver against the agreed plan.
- Collaborative workstyle based around interactions with multiple small teams
- Show initiative and creativity in researching solutions to business problems
- Proactively organise your work, work self-directed and independently to accomplish results
Please do get in touch today for a full detailed job spec.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.