Product Owner (Web & Digital)
£75,000 | Central London | Permanent
Posted +1 month ago
Contract Type: Fixed-Term until December 2020
Working Pattern: Full Time
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Up to £75,000 plus 3% flex benefit
To be the credible voice of the business, voice of the customer, change owner, and strategic stakeholder owner and facilitator for web and digital product development. To steer product development through focus on customer value, and to be the respected and valued servant leader of the Digital Team's business customers. The outcomes of this role are: happy, engaged and informed stakeholders - a Scrum informed and directed by business value - positive improvement in business practice and business change around digital customer outcomes - and the delivery of customer and business benefits through well-used working software.
* Development, socialisation and agreement of the Product Strategy for our web, digital and social real-estate as a tool for digital engagement, service and analysis
* Creation, socialisation, agreement and management of the Product Roadmap for web and digital tools, as per the above
* Communication of the Product Roadmap to Scrum Master, ensuring that it is appropriately costed, timed and delivery is agreed by colleagues in IT
* Creation, prioritisation, socialisation and management (in collaboration with the Scrum Master and business stakeholders) of the Product Backlog
* Creation of stakeholder-agreed prioritization criteria for development, and the collaborative application of these to the Product Backlog
* Creation, in close collaboration with the Scrum Master, of financial forecasts for digital products and for the business and change projects running alongside this
* Performance management of the digital real-estate and products (and associated products such as analytics, etc.) including creation of Product and Customer Outcome KPIs
* Management of stakeholders, especially including agreement of product backlog, definition of minimum viable products, and agreement of changes within this during the project
* Managing strategic stakeholders through the changes in business practice, structure and governance needed for better digital working, content creation, user-centred design, and use of CMS.
* Communication of agile method and roles and responsibilities to key stakeholders involved in projects, especially stakeholder involvement in ceremonies and Scrum.
* Ownership of business change projects around the digital real estate and related products, including ensuring change actions and projects are appropriately delegated and communicated to Business Owners
* Writing user stories, and attending Backlog Grooming sessions to work with the Scrum Master on the appropriate translation of business user stories into technical requirements
* Release planning (in close collaboration with the Scrum Master), and communication of release plans to appropriate business stakeholders
* Attending Scrum Ceremonies, and being seen as a respectful and willing servant leader of the development team alongside the Scrum Master
* Ownership of the quality of the product for end-users, and of quality / UA testing with users
* Ownership of customer testing, design testing, and UI / UX processes to ensure that the customer view is front and centre at all times
* Ownership of persona-based customer journey analysis, and basing development and digital functional prioritisation on improving persona outcomes at journey points.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* An in-depth understanding of all aspects of digital engagement and systems, and comfort advising TLS on legislative, procedural, technological, and people impacts and aspects of digital customer engagement.
* Experience of managing products in Agile Scrum, or Scrum-related agile methodologies.
* Talented facilitator and stakeholder manager, garnering wide understanding, support and ownership of Digital plans and ways of working.
* Experience managing a portfolio of business projects across people, process, technology, governance, etc. to meet digital engagement outcomes.
* Natural strategic thinker, with experience of digital strategies and implementing best practice in improving customer outcomes at different digital touchpoints.
* A change-focussed, IT literate individual, with an excellent understanding and experience of CMS and online marketing capabilities and their impact on the business.
* A natural leader, with wide experience of managing diverse stakeholders and bringing people together around products and changes.
* Thorough planner and self-manager, with experience of planning within a Scrum environment, and managing stakeholder expectations in an Agile way.
* Experience of forming strategies and programme plans around engaging customers online, digital content, and digital service.
* In-depth knowledge of the technology capabilities needed to implement effective digital engagement in an organisation.
* In-depth knowledge of the processes, policies, and procedures that would typically be formed in a best-practice digital content, editorial and web management.
* Experience of customer / member segmentation especially in applying segmentation to digital real estate and personalisation of content
* Ability to think and act pragmatically, balancing digital objectives with other change objectives at TLS, and realistically assessing the pace of change possible in a busy and change-fatigued client. Never letting perfect be the enemy of better.
* Strong communication and stakeholder management skills (listening, influencing and persuasiveness), capable of dealing effectively with all levels of staff.
* Experience of dealing with and effectively managing executive stakeholders, and of driving key decisions and papers through executive governance structures.
* The ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines within all areas of the business.
* Experience of being involved in significant business change including staffing, cultural, financial, transactional, IT and overall performance implications
* A natural, thorough and gifted report writer, bringing clarity, persuasiveness, accuracy, and "90% right first time" to their ways of working
* Experience of working in a Sitecore environment (or of using similar DXP systems such as Episerver, Adobe, etc.) to meet digital personalisation and engagement challenges.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Understanding of similar organisations (professional bodies, accrediting bodies, legal organisations, etc.)
* Experience or knowledge of developing and establishing digital governance and operating models
* Digital marketing qualification, certification, or professional affiliation.
Planning & Organising
* Excellent and proven Programme planning and Portfolio planning experience, including the identification of technical and business interdependencies.
* Use of agile methodologies, especially in planning business resources and setting business expectations of delivery.
* Use of project planning tools including RAID logs, RACI, backlogs, Epic & Story management, MVP definition, charters, PIDs, business cases etc.
* Planning and organising own work as well as the work of their project team
* Comfortable in direct line management of business resources, and in setting appropriate stretch targets, KPIs and development objectives for staff that relate to project goals.
* Managing effectively several projects/workstreams and stakeholders with competing deadlines, priorities and interests
* Highly collaborative, integrating and aligning plans with a broad range of internal and external functions
* Comfortable working and planning in Programme environments, and familiar with typical programme processes such as TDA, Stage Gates etc.
* Being flexible as projects and priorities change - and initiating flexibility based on customer need and outcomes
* Job requires the ability to forward plan as well as the ability to deal with several stakeholders with competing deadlines and priorities
* Understanding of how to work with different parts of the business and how to manage their priorities and competing interests
* Collaborative role, needs to integrate and align plans and strategy with broad range of internal and external functions
* Managing a portfolio of projects and indirectly development stakeholders. Likely direct line management of multiple business individuals.
* Engaging staff at all levels across the organisation, ensuring their participation in virtual teams to achieve delivery.
* Portfolio of projects, worth multiple millions of £s over 4 years.
* Based in Central London, occasional travel to other Law Society sites may be required.
* Flexibility is essential to meet committed project deadlines.
* Full time role
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.