Product Owner (Hybrid)
£70,000 | Crawley | Permanent
Posted 15 days ago
Our client is a well-established recognised organisation based in Crawley, West Sussex. The client is now looking for a passionate Product Owner professional to join their team to create and maintain the Product roadmap and manage the backlog of change which delivers the roadmap. This role will evolve into a Senior position as responsibilities and team grows.
As a Product Owner, you will be overseeing development projects, ensuring we deliver high quality products with good user experience. Projects must be delivered on budget and on time, while keeping the customers engaged, consulted and informed of all of the developments from the early days of a project through until launch and sometimes beyond.
As Product Owner, you will create and maintain the Product roadmap and manage the backlog of change which delivers the roadmap. As the business' SME for the Product, you will contribute to the development of new software features and functionality, ensuring Product standards and behaviour are maintained through change, and you will act as the business expert on the Product for stakeholders across the business.
You will have sound technical knowledge, design vision and the ability to see the big picture. You will have project experience managing people and resources. You will have excellent communication and customer liaison skills.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Deliver projects on time, on budget and within scope
* Coordinate and curate the design and vision of the product
* Evaluate the user experience of our products using metrics and user tests.
* Managing customers; guiding customers through the development process, keeping informed of progress, gathering and interpreting customer requirements via meetings and workshops and telling the story of those to the project team.
* Applying SLAs and account management to Development projects
* Working with Marketing Manager to ensure product is well represented in marketing material. Participating/facilitating in user groups and surveys to gather feedback and insight.
* To be the early warning system for the project, spotting problems before they occur.
We are looking for someone that:
* Has a minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience in a product owner or similar product focused role
* Has experience of delivering a project across the whole lifecycle
* Has experience of working in Agile environment
* Has experience of resource planning and management
* Has strong communication skills; able to persuade and negotiate whilst still being friendly; able to talk to anyone at any level of business; enjoys meeting new people; confident developing relationships with clients
* Has the ability to work on one's own initiative
Your knowledge of the Product and Customer, combined with your experience of delivering change through a full development life cycle will make you ideally placed to drive forward Product change to help deliver our clients strategy. Fantastic opportunity to work a market leading and forward-thinking organisation. The client is offering a competitive benefits package. This role can be remote if needed. Apply now for more information!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.