£550 per day | London | Contract
Posted 27 days ago
I'm looking for a Senior Product Designer to join my client, a business news organisation on a contract basis till the end of the year (INSIDE IR35).
The role will involve designing features, customer journeys and crafting the quality user experience across several of our clients digital products on web and mobile devices. You will be an integral part of the team designing our products and building on the success we have already gained among our growing audience of international readers.
Working collaboratively with the Principal designers and within a cross-functional product team you will be creating flows, wireframes and prototypes, through to UI design while working within a mature design system.
Teams work using a lean methodology, this means validating design solutions quickly and being a highly collaborative and communicative team player. It requires working hand in hand with Product managers, Researchers, BA's and Developers and a willingness to both dig into details and think strategically.
Our clients Product Designers can lean towards UX or UI but what we are looking for is solid UX thinkers with quality design skills who can demonstrate a clear problem solving process based around the needs of users.
It's important that you are committed to creating great product design but are pragmatic enough to test out customer-centric hypotheses quickly. Are comfortable working with analysts and product managers in assessing those ideas for likely impact, and are willing to re-evaluate your solutions when the insight isn't in their favour.
* Design features across products and services from ideation to launch
* You are a creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy, you start any project by asking what are the behaviours and needs of the consumers we're designing for.
* Confidently work alongside Product Managers to evolve the strategy and create user centred solutions for the product.
* Perform competitor analysis, review and analyse existing features, apply user-centred methods to provide ideas for improvements.
* Work alongside our Research team for creating briefs for user research and testing.
* Collaborate with Product Managers, Research, Engineers, and other stakeholders to solve design problems effectively and efficiently.
* Run ideation workshops and design sprints.
* Create user flows, journeys and pixel-perfect designs.
* Produce multiple concepts and prototype interactions, and iterate based on feedback, A/B testing, user research, etc. Work alongside research to create scripts and goals for testing.
* Champion consistency of the clients brand and uphold the quality of the design.
* Work with the engineers to ensure your design is shipped by providing advice, mockups, prototypes, and assets.
Skills and requirements
* Significant expertise in user experience and user interface design.
* Expertise in using Sketch, Invision, alongside knowledge of other prototyping tools.
* Demonstrate your ability to create prototypes for web and mobile that provide a fantastic user experience and demonstrate your design thinking
* Ability to work with existing pattern libraries/design systems.
* Able to work in a lean product environment.
* Data visualisation design a nice to have.
* Enthusiastic and eager to learn.
* A good communicator, this is a crucial part of what you'll do so you need to understand how to present your UX thinking to stakeholders.
* A solid team player. You will be highly collaborative and welcome working with others.
* Receptive to giving and receiving feedback and productive design critique.
Candidates must be able to start ASAP and be happy to work Inside IR35.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.