Principal (DevOps) Engineer
£97,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 9 days ago
Would you like to be a part of a significant digitalisation of a financial organisation? You will enable the company's mission of strengthening its online presence by providing diverse sets of technical solutions, platforms, supporting critical systems and evolving data analytics. No prior finance or banking experience needed!
You will be at the forefront of a huge digital transformation, helping to modernise and promote the digital footprint of a well-known financial institution. You will have access to in-house engineering development, creating an environment for you to continuously grow and improve.
With people at the centre of the organisation you will enjoy:
- Flexible working opportunities (2 days remote)
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Flexible bonus package (that can be taken in cash or used to buy a range of benefits including additional days leave, gym membership and more)
What you will be building
- Setting up a Cloud Engineering Centre of Excellence by leading a team of expert engineers
- Leading a team of 5-8 engineers (varying levels)
- Deliver impeccable software platforms and services through automation and configuration management.
- Deliver security compliance mechanisms as part of virtual platform engineering
- And much, much more!
Who you are
- Experience leading a team of technical experts
- Experience leading a massive digital transformation project
- Influencing senior stakeholders
- Deep expertise of Cloud technology (private or public)
- Broad technical expertise across operating systems, programming languages, databases, network and security.
- Configuration management: Ansible or Puppet
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform or Vagrant
- Automation: Jenkins, Teamcity OR Ansible
- Container: Kubernetes or Docker
- Testing practises: TDD, BDD or Acceptance Test Driven Development
If you are interested and would like to know more about how you can be a part of something big, apply with your CV and I will be in touch!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.