Power BI Analyst
£45,000 | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 19 days ago
Power BI Analyst/Specialist role, Manchester based – Up to £45k
Fully Flexible Hours & Hybrid Working (2 days in office)
To Start ASAP (will await notice)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an analytical, logical and inquisitive Power BI Analyst to be part of the early data and Power BI journey at a leading modern professional services (B2C) company who are heavily investing in their new data function, where data is taken seriously within the organisation.
With a huge amount of scope working in an untapped area of the business, you’ll have and a real opportunity to make a significant impact on a small, growing data team, who have big plans for expansion over the next 1-2 years.
In this advisory role, you’ll also have great exposure to the business and Executive Leadership team, as you lead the way as the Go-to Power BI Guru, championing how it should be done, putting a standardised process in place, whilst teaching and advising both Senior and Junior members on Power BI best practice.
As a specialist in Power BI with 18 months+ experience, your area of focus will be purely analytical and insight driven, advising the new Data team in their new adoption of Power BI, advising on best practice and processes, writing SQL, scoping out the data, working with the business to make sure reports are being used, reevaluating reports if needed, looking at performance metrics, processes and trends in areas of the business, and providing internal stakeholders and line managers with insight reports on sales performance and operational data.
In this front business facing role, you will enjoy speaking and engaging with the business and internal stakeholders to offer valuable insight and quality business first solutions. Working with internal stakeholders, you will take the time to first understand the data and their problems, asking the right questions to dig deeper, before generating business insight reports that will enable them to make important smart business decisions efficiently.
As the business grows, you’ll be able to form your own direction, moving into a more senior role with direct reports should this be something you’d like.
- Family-friendly organisation offering fantastic work-life balance with great flexibility around working hours and in office days
- Autonomous working environment where staff are trusted to deliver
- Fantastic office space with the best coffee!
- Fantastic holiday allowance and Christmas shut down
- Easy access via public transport and cheap parking available close by
- Fantastic progression opportunities as the team grows
- Mental Health Benefit
- And much more!!
- Be a specialist in Power BI with 18 months - 2 years' + experience, (where Power BI is the majority of your workload - you live and breath it) building out both new and existing reports, building out balance scorecards and performance management tools, housekeeping of new and existing reports and informing Developers of any abnormalities in the data need to be cleaned out
- Experience working with Sales and operational (volume) data at online retail, ecommerce, banking, insurance or new online startup companies, working across a variety of different data sources
- Strong SQL programming skills for exploratory analysis of the data warehouse to answer business questions or prove/disprove business hypothesis before building a report
- Ability to really understand stakeholder’s problems and challenge where necessary to find and offer the best solution
- Ability to evolve reports to take them to the next stage, increasing efficiency so that stakeholders and line managers are able to simply action the report
- Inquisitive and influential communicator with ability to communicate the data well enough so that stakeholders to take action and make smart confident business decisions quickly
If you have the above skills and experience and want to work for a company who values you, then click to apply today!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.