£950,000 | United Kingdom | Permanent
Posted 12 days ago
My client is an iconic highly regulated public sector seeking two high calibre Portfolio Managers to work within the Projects and Programmes Division. The successful candidates must be highly organised, demonstrate proven stakeholder management skills to plan and manage the delivery of a portfolio of change within the Prudential Regulatory Authority. These are pivotal positions in the Bank for growth and development in maturing the capability of the services offered across the Bank and a move to more an agile delivery model.
You will be a part of the Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the Head of Department of Projects and Programmes. This role is best suited for those who have significant hands-on experience of change delivery, portfolio management therefore must have extensive experience of delivering complex projects and programmes and managing of portfolio level to achieve organisational change.
This is a people management role with responsibility for the day-to-day management and development of the team, with 8 - 10 direct reports through the effective sharing of information, coaching and communication of a clear vision. Strong communication to convey shared vision and purpose and to support the business stakeholders to take decisions and to lead in their area of expertise You will be accountable for:
Portfolio pipeline , a strategic partner with the PRA to shape and develop the business strategy and priorities.
Governance & Reporting , providing MI on performance, drive decision making and accountability.
Planning, Scheduling and Resourcing: Maintain, Monitor, Identify and Track the portfolio delivery plan coupled by proposing allocation of funding and other resources across change initiatives to optimise the PRA's RIO.
Risk & Opportunity Management: Identifying, mitigating and monitoring threats & opportunities at project, programme and portfolio level.
Benefits Management: Support the business to develop benefits plans, establish ownership for benefits realisation.
Both Portfolio Manager roles sit/focus on 2 different areas of business:
Portfolio Manager for the Credential Regulation Authority (regulation technology and data). This is not a regulations specialist but someone who has and understanding of or worked on regulatory based programmes - external regulations is understood. You will liaise with Technology stakeholders, policy makers, legal experts and lawyers, therefore, require someone with little hand holding to get up to speed. It is essential that the successful candidate will have experience working within the Financial Services or highly regulated environments.
Portfolio Manager for the Bank's Central Services where you will be involved in numerous projects and internal services which include English Heritage (Property), modernising Finance, modernising HR, Transformation and cyber security. It is a unique role where you will be exposed to several. There is a real focus on strategy planning and delivery role. The successful candidate does not have to come from any specific background and open to industries.
Essential Criteria for both Portfolio Manager:
* Significant experience within a similar organisation of portfolio definition and delivery, understanding business priorities, supporting business change and managing successful business partnerships.
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence business decisions and command credibility at senior management level, managing complex relationships across an organisation.
* Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situations and to build consensus towards a common goal.
* Inter-personal sensitivity and the ability to operate effectively within a nuanced stakeholder and team environment.
* Excellent communicator, with the ability to communicate complex and technical information effectively in written and oral form with a style that is moderated according to the audience.
* Experience in leading and working closely with business leaders, challenging conventional thinking and identifying opportunities to generate business benefit and value for money,
* Expert knowledge of the project, programme and change management lifecycle and the key stages, in both a waterfall and agile delivery framework.
* Sound understanding of financial budgeting, forecasting & analysis.
* A high level of tenacity and negotiation skills in obtaining support, resources and commitment to plans.
* Strong people leadership skills - matrix management of people working across different functions including third party suppliers.
* Strategic thinking - ability to think ahead and to be innovative in meeting business needs,
* Able to challenge stakeholders and suppliers on both business and technical issues, whilst maintaining excellent relationships.
* Capable of managing a diverse workload and prioritising work to meet business deadlines.
* A recognised Project Management or Portfolio Management qualification, e.g. PRINCE2, APMP, MoP or PMI
These posts at the Bank are not ones to miss out on as they transition through an exciting journey and what their Portfolio will look like as part of their 3 year roadmap. Apply now for further information.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.