Competitive | Leeds | Permanent
Posted 26 days ago
We require a Platform Engineer to help our customers stay a step ahead when protecting people and national security, critical infrastructure and vital information. As a Platform Engineer, you'll be embedded in project and become the specialist assisting the project team in creating, supporting and maintaining the tooling, provisioning environments, build and release, and configuration management of both green-field software development as well as our customer's live applications. Their team prides themselves in delivering high quality, robust, automated solution that is reusable and scalable where possible.
This role is to be based in Leeds, and is as much about the people as it is the technology and bringing traditionally disparate teams closer together. You will be empowered and trusted to take your work all the way through to production and providing input to the engineering lifecycle assisting the project team from the sprint planning, development, packaging, testing and release.
Experience in the following is a must:
* Good level of knowledge in Linux environment (windows server a bonus), for example ability to write bash script. (PowerShell desirable)
* Commercial experience with VMWare (vSphere), bare-metal, and cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud and Azure
* Use of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Packer and Jenkins
* Experience of working in an Agile scrum team, and the tooling that supports it, e.g. Atlassian suite (Bitbucket/Jira)
* Diagnosing, troubleshooting application issues and identify root cause across different levels of the stack
* SC clearance is necessary, and you may be asked to apply for DV clearance when required.
Please reach out to Jack Turner on email@example.com for more information.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.