Performance Test Manager
£80,000 | West Yorkshire | Permanent
Posted 15 days ago
InterQuest are hiring for a Performance Test Manager to join our global client.
This is a remote based role but they are seeking someone who resides North of the Midlands.
This is intially a 6 month fixed term role with a view to going permanent.
Are you excited about working in a fast-paced, modern, cloud product delivery environment? Are you passionate about implementing a shift-left testing approach, with multiple global teams of developers and test automation engineers? Are you looking for the opportunity to apply your skills and experience to help drive the implementation of state-of-the-art testing approaches in a forward-thinking organisation?
You will provide guidance in the area of test automation, specifically around developing best in class performance automation practices and policies. This role would support the three major groups within this business area, bringing various automation and performance activities together.
Essential Experience required:
- Proven experience in software development (ideally in a development or test automation role), with proven experience working in an organisation that has adopted a Continuous Delivery approach to Cloud-based software development.
- You will have played a key role in implementing a test automation strategy that embodies the 'shift-left' approach, emphasising Unit Testing as a foundational component of this.
- Prior performance testing experience
The following encompasses the scope of the role:
- Defining a sustainable automation approach that allows Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), high quality, and process flexibility to co-exist
- Assist in determining significant handoff reduction techniques to speed up CI/CD deployments
- Review of tools, processes, and skills within the current Agile teams - making recommendations where appropriate
- Assist in moving the Delivery organizations further towards the "shift-left" methodology as developed by Microsoft
- Defining a cohesive approach for Unit, E2E, Smoke, and Performance testing, based on strategy documents developed thus far. Ensuring that the approach is both in alignment and scales with the other teams in this business area.
- Assist in providing metrics detail, insight, and research of testing gains and setbacks, and developing best in class visibility of testing progress
- Proving out test architectures and frameworks, technologies/tools, and reusable components in the overall automation stack. Also addressing the challenges of test environments and test data
- Assist the organization in a strategy that balances speed with quality
- Developing industry standard performance baselines
- Mentor, train, and coach entire Delivery Teams (Dev+QA+Arch+DevOps), Leads and Managers; as well as providing guidance to all 3 Guilds (UI, Service, and QA)
- Identify a step by step approach\strategy to blend QA and dev roles and/or processes
Attractive salary + benefits.
Please apply now for immediate consideration to Georgina at InterQuest.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.