£70,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 26 days ago
An exciting, strategic role has arisen within a market leading financial investments organization. We are urgently looking for an Oracle DBA to join a highly talented team due to recent enterprise level transformation. The successful applicant will take a lead role in this high-profile position, working with the business, IT, Technical Architects & project/programme managers building working relationships with clients, taking ownership for complex, transformational, infrastructure solutions.
The role requires a solid understanding of database management, patching, tuning and recovery in stand-alone and clustered environments. The role requires an agnostic approach to databases and infrastructure, with a requirement to act as a trusted technical consultant who assists customers select, prepare and support products within their organisation, along with technical problem resolution, the design and implementation of solutions for contracted services.
Ideally you will have experience getting involved in large change assignments within wide variety organizations and with a strong understanding with the latest versions of Oracle, including, extensive experience with implementing and configuring Oracle Databases, specialist knowledge of database DR solutions.
To act as on-site DBA Support working closely with external DBA. Principal responsibilities are the maintenance of the various testing and development environments whilst ensuring the appropriate users have the right permissions respectively. Take active role in Avaloq upgrades and associated Oracle upgrades and work with the wider team to ensure adequate hand over to wider team when not available. Primary responsibility for the anonymisation routines used to obfuscate client data for testing and development. Responsibility for the DevOps environment and promotion/ release of changes within.
* Maintain all development and testing environment on the platforms
* Maintain and update current platforms and related tools as appropriate. E.G Integration Servers, Smart Clients
* Ensure all development and testing environments have the appropriate users assigned to them and the data is appropriately obfuscated
* Manage and maintain the anonymisation scripts ensuring client sensitive data is not exposed inappropriately
* Maintain all documentation to support environment maintenance for Audit
* Work closely with external DBA and ensure there are no gaps where the responsibilities of the external DBA finish
* Create quarterly environments to perform restore test for financial applications
* Work closely with the wider team to manage and maintain the database growth on the production servers
* Monitor backups work correctly
* Monitoring of production systems performance
* Maintain and promote changes with DevOps Environment
* Liaise with external partners when appropriate where issues arise
* Experience in Oracle administration management and deployment
* Oracle PL/SQL + SQL
* DevOps familiarity
* Knowledge of containerisation would be helpful
* Good knowledge of Linux scripting
Our client is offering a superb range of benefits including generous bonus, pension, life insurance etc. A fantastic opportunity to join a great blue-chip organisation, exclusive to InterQuest Group, shortlisting early next week - send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.