Operational Risk Partner
Competitive | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 22 days ago
InterQuest are delighted to be working with a European Challenger bank to help support with the recruitment of an Operational Risk Partner.
- Providing support for their own risk portfolio which will be managed in accordance with the Operational Risk Management Framework and relevant risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Maintaining an agreed schedule around the delivery of new RCSA's (where applicable), annual risk reviews, and Annual RSCA Refresh Workshops.
- Chairing Monthly Risk Forums with various business functions and other key stakeholders.
- Identifying gaps in action planning and highlight areas of improvement to ensure risks are adequately managed within the risk tolerance of the bank.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships across the wider risk management community within the organisation.
- Ensuring the timely escalation of key matters across UKSR, Senior Management and Risk Committees.
- Support risk owners in the establishment of new or enhanced risks where necessary.
- Support risk owners in the management of risk events occurring within own risk portfolio.
- Supporting the embedding of operational risk, ensuring Senior Management are aware of their risk and control environment they have responsibility for.
- Supporting the development and management of appropriate key risk and control indicators.
- Experience in operational risk management.
- A solid understanding of retail banking, together with the associated processes and risks.
- Experience in leading and facilitating Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA's).
- Be skilled in preparing high quality presentation for meetings and workshops.
- Be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communications skills and have an ability to lead conversations to ensure understanding.
- Be comfortable challenging and influencing a range of stakeholders.
- Be able to work on their own initiative and enjoy the responsibility of delivering outcomes.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, be a team player with a positive, supportive and engaged approach to change.
- Have strong planning and organising skills, and attention to detail.
- Have a good understanding of our business operation and culture.
- Have an industry recognised qualification for operational risk or risk management (desirable).
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.