Network Project Engineer
£45,000 | Harrogate | Permanent
Posted 16 days ago
Network Project Engineer - Permanent
Harrogate - Up to £45k + bens
I am currently recruiting for a large managed service provider based in Harrogate, who are looking for an experienced Network Project Engineer to join their expanding team, and work with Pre sales, Project Managers and external customers on network solution delivery projects, with a strong focus around MPLS and Internet technologies.
On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Working on Low Level Designs (LLD) of customer network solutions
- Updating standard customer solution templates
- Work with project managers and coordinators to prepare system requirement documents prior to project starting
- Configuring and troubleshooting various network technologies, especially routers, switches and firewalls
- Liaising with customers for support calls and project meetings
They are looking for candidates with the following experience:
- 5 years technical experience in a network project implementation role or similar
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Viso
- Cisco Professional Certification, preferably CCNP, CCNP Data Center or Security.
- Advanced knowledge of WAN, MAN and LAN technologies.
- Able to work independently on projects and support issues.
- Full understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack backed up by hands on experience working with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Proven experience working with MPLS technologies including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering, OSPF, BGP, and QoS on Cisco networks
- Good communications and customer service skills and proven record of liaising directly with customers, vendors, service providers and suppliers.
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco and Fortigate firewalls.
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting various network equipment, especially routers and switches.
- Experience and fluency in PHP scripting.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.