Network Project Engineer - 3rd Line
£45,000 | Harrogate | Permanent
Posted +1 month ago
Network Project Engineer -3rd Line
We are recruiting for a Network Project Engineer to deliver network connectivity projects, in line with industry best practices, to thier customers based on UK wide national MPLS network and vCloud environment. The role demands a high degree of technical design and understanding of wide area networks, especially MPLS and Internet technologies.
As well as it being a customer facing role, there is also a requirement to work with the core network team to develop and continue to update standard customer solution templates and provide feedback for consideration into future core network architectural changes to keep us ahead of the market.
This will be a customer facing role and will require you to work alongside pre-sales and sales teams providing validation for customer network connectivity solutions.
- 5-years + technical experience in a service provider background, network project implementation role or similar.
- CCNP level in one of more following areas; Routing and switching, Wireless, Data Centre or security.
- Advanced knowledge of WAN and LAN technologies.
- Able to work independently on projects and support issues.
- Full understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack backed up by hands on experience working with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Proven experience working with MPLS technologies including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering, OSPF, BGP, and QoS on Cisco networks
- Experience working with various network operating systems - IOS, IOS-XR NX-OS and Huawei VRP.
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA.
- Good communications and customer service skills and proven record of liaising directly with customers, vendors, service providers and suppliers.
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco and Fortigate firewalls.
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting various network equipment, especially routers and switches.
DESIRABLE (but not essential)
- Huawei Professional Certification - HCIA or HCIP.
- Experience working with CISCO ACE and Citrix NetScaler products.
- Experience and fluency in a scripting language.
Please send your cv and apply for this role: email@example.com | 01423 878 685
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.