Network Planning Engineer
£335 per day | London | Contract
Posted 24 days ago
Network Planning Engineer required for a 6-month contract working for a large international telecommunications carrier company based in London, candidates must have experience of working across several telecoms transport platforms.
The Network Planner will be responsible for the transport planning and design tasks for new network to support, including Input into a high-level solution, develop and issue for implementation low level scope, plans and associated documentation for new network. Issue instructions for site surveys and perform logical audits and data cleanse activities and assemble the required equipment augment costs and budgets and participates in the overall solution development.
Additionally, the Network Planner will provide support for planned consolidations whilst in implementation phase. Create and manage purchases as required for new network builds, liaising with vendors to ensure timely delivery and utilizing internal systems for tracking and shipping of equipment for new installations.
- Produce designs, develops, and implements network engineering plans and wide-scale networks for customers.
- Plan and design new infrastructure to support the programme.
- Ensures efficient and timely deployment of equipment, meeting the programme requirements through development of design documentation, analysing current network and a high-level scope to develop and issue detailed plans and instructions.
- Assimilates various internal and external customer requirements, creates new network solutions, assembles the required equipment augment costs and budgets and participates in the overall development.
- From input into a High-level solution, develop and issue for implementation low level scope, plans and associated documentation.
- Issue instructions for site surveys and perform logical audits and data cleanse activities. Initiate Off-Net Planning for site vacates and validate progress.
- Ensure authorised sites are capped in inventory and quoting tools. Identification customers and services to assist coordination of migrations.
- Issue Netbuild instructions for transport equipment decommissioning works.
- Excellent understanding of SDH and DWDM technologies
- Excellent understanding of Ethernet
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously,
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, skills, and be accountable for the tasks assigned;
- Must have PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows and Office applications;
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn corporate databases;
- Needs to have functional knowledge of Inside Plant (ISP) disciplines, fibre optic, electrical and other related telecom practices conforming to Industry standards;
- Position may require some travel and overtime requirements as dictated by business demands.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.