Competitive | Hertfordshire | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 7 days ago
Network Engineer - EMEA IT services network- Hertfordshire / Greater London - Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions are delighted to be working with one of our most prestigious clients who are an industry leader in the Technology sector, supporting them with the recruitment of a Network Engineer within their EMEA IT services network area.
The Network Engineer will provide hands on technical support for the operation and maintenance of a complex EMEA IT services network. Working closely with a technical team to understand complex network issues to help diagnose and fault find issues within their Data Centres, WAN and multiple LAN estates. Evaluate technical designs and be able to carry out complex configurations to support their wider IT business programme. Work with colleagues and team members to develop change controls that help to support the network infrastructure and undertake design and installation activities with the Cisco LAN / WAN and Data Centre infrastructure
This is a very exciting time to join the business and work collaboratively in a high-profile Programme, who are continually implementing a new ground-breaking Technology.
Core Competencies of the Network Engineer;
* Experience with Cisco Nexus Data Centre technology
* Experience in application load-balancing technologies
* Experience of routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
* Good security skills in deploying VPN's, IPSec and firewall rules on Cisco ASA platforms
* A good knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies such as VLANS, HSRP, Network Address Translation and Spanning-Tree protocol.
* Able to understand packet captures such as Wireshark to enable good fault finding and diagnostics of network issues.
What we look for in a Network Engineer;
* Experience of managing infrastructure in a high-throughput production environment
* Previous experience in a networking capacity
* Enthusiasm for Networking, and Network Administration including keeping up to date with the latest operating systems, tools and techniques
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
* The confidence to perform in a production environment and the desire to deliver excellent solutions and service to customers
* Skilled in analysis and assess security incidents and escalate to client resources or appropriate internal teams for additional assistance.
* CCNA (Routing and Switching) minimum.
Are you ready to embark on a new, exciting career move? Then look no further and get in touch to discuss full details asap - Rhiannon.email@example.com or LinkedIn
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.