Microsoft Lead Solution Architect
£800 per day | London | Contract
Posted 12 days ago
Our client is one the biggest technology organisations in the world, a true market leader and is investing heavily in innovation - its aim being to build a centre of excellence where output is crafted using industry leading best practice frameworks and methodologies to produce world class applications and services. We are urgently looking for an interim Microsoft Lead Solutions Architect.
The UK IT Architecture team is growing rapidly and looking for talented colleagues to help deliver ambitious and market leading services that live up to their leading reputation. You will work across key programmes in project teams with the client's partners and Suppliers to design and deliver technology solutions to the consumer business unit with a clear view on both strategic and tactical technology transformation. The client is leading its delivery of innovative technology solutions that solve human challenges. They are compelled by their core values to drive transformational results for clients across all company sizes, geographies and industries.
The main responsibility building a complex and flexible analytical engine for a Reinsurance business to replace their existing, SQL sproc based solution. You will be creating an architecture using Azure Functions where Functions represent individual operations which can be then re-composed freely in a declarative manner, following e.g., the itinerary pattern, while keeping performance in mind and enabling massive parallelisation by using the fan-out pattern.
* Ownership of the solution HLD (called "Solution Design Document" in this project) and end-to-end technical solution
* Oversee the work of 2-3 Software Architects leading multiple teams and ensuring the optimal integration of the teams' outputs (front-end/back-end/data)
* Liaise with key stakeholders (business and technical) from the client's organisation
* Pairs with the Product Owner who will have the end-to-end ownership of the product vision
* Building a complex and flexible analytical engine for a Reinsurance business to replace their existing, SQL sproc based solution
* 5+ years of Azure PaaS experience
* 2+ year experience working with Azure Functions
* Knowledge of Azure Functions patterns, e.g. fan-out/fan-in patterns with durable functions
* Experience in building highly parallel, performance optimised computing systems
* Experience in working with Apache Parquet format in .NET (preferably Parquet.NET)
* Wide understanding of the larger Azure landscape, mostly focussed on PaaS offerings (Azure Storage, SQL Azure, Logic Apps, etc.)
* Experience with architectural patterns such as the Itinerary Pattern
* Client facing (must be able to represent New Signature as being the technical interface for a multi-million-pound project)
The team you are joining is a stable, well established one that really get on well so 'fit' is essential as well. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's best employers, in a key high-profile team.
Fantastic role, client, initial 12-month contract & long projects. EU candidates will be considered dependent on rate expectations as this will be predominately remote position. Please send your CV now to avoid disappointment as this is a priority hire for the client!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.