Market Risk Manager (VP)
£120,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 15 days ago
Title: Market Risk Manager (VP)
InterQuest Group are delighted to be supporting one of our Investment Banking partners to source a Market Risk Manager (Valuations) professional that can manage market or fair value risk within the bank. in an independent and neutral way, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive view of market risks to Senior Management. You will also ensure that Business units of the Bank optimise the risk-reward relationship and do not expose the organisation to unacceptable losses.
* Monitoring of Market risk for the (linear) rates desk in Europe, covering cash bonds, xccy products and swaps
* Monitoring of risk (daily), concentration, stress and VaR exposures, while remaining aware of current market dynamics
* Deep analysis of products, books and trading strategies, and the implementation of appropriate Stress Testing
* Making sure both internal and external governance policies are being effectively applied
* Building trust and relationships with trading desks around exposures, new business and market activity.
* Working closely with the valuations team with the objective to eventually becoming an expert of valuation for this desk.
Key Skills & Experience
* Market Risk Manager with demonstrated exposure to linear rates products
* A very strong understanding of market risk controls and governance frameworks
* Experience in assessing, quantifying and implementing appropriate portfolio stress tests
* Relevant years of experience. Good quantitative level of experience with derivative products pricing and risk.
* Experience with portfolio risk measurement techniques including VAR and stress testing.
* A good working knowledge of current regulatory initiatives: Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB), Volker and stress testing.
* Bachelor's degree level minimum (or equivalent qualifications/ work experience) with a concentration in Maths, Physics, Engineering or a Quantitative Finance related field
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.