Competitive | Bradford | Contract
Posted 26 days ago
Role: Linux/Unix Resource
Duration: 3 months (initially)
Rate: £300 - 350 a day
My West Yorkshire based client requires a Linux/Unix resource to work on a 12 month Programme of work moving old operating systems into a virtual environment.
The ideal candidate will have strong Linux background and strong Migration experience and who is very hands on.
* Minimum 3 years' experience of Linux (Redhat or Oracle Enterprise Linux)
* Minimum 3 years' experience of HP-UX
* Desirable - experience of Oracle VM
Day to Day Tasks, but not limited to
- Fixing invalid default routes!
- Monitoring HP hardware for errors and arranging fix/outage when required
- Daily checking of mail showing servers that have rebooted, network failures and NTP errors
- Installing/updating missing software on Linux boxes
- Changing ownership and permission or explaining why it shouldn't be done!
- Setting up new users
- Amending users
- Deleting users
- Checking daily leavers reports
- Collecting performance statistics and real time monitoring
- Checking and updating all OMi alerts
- Resolving various IMs that we receive
- Appreciation of NFS/NAS/SAN Storage
- Docker/Containerisation/NGINX knowledge would be useful
If the role is of interest to your or someone you may know, please email over CV's to email@example.com
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.