Linux Systems Administrator X2- Linux- LAMP
£500 per day | London | Contract
Posted +1 month ago
Linux Systems Administrator X2– Linux- LAMP
Linux Systems Administrator X2 with excellent Redhat Linux systems administration skills, knowledge of the LAMP/LEMP environments (Linux, Apache, MySQL & PHP) and Bash scripting within a web service management context is required to join a Higher Education client.
Linux Systems Administrator will be responsible for providing application and systems administration of digital learning services to internal and external customers, and supporting activities around services provided by, and integrated with, third parties. Providing system administration, system updates, automation and migration. The Linux Systems Administrator will be tasked to support several security projects around SSL/TLS certificate management and security first.
It’s a great time to be joining our client who are looking to establish two technical teams, Systems Administration and Engineering (Cloud Dev) with plenty of overlap between these disciplines at present but there is also plenty of depth and skill development within the system administration space. A lot of custom scripting in various languages, configuration management, system management/planning and resource coordination.
Linux Systems Administrator– Linux – LAMP- Essential Experience
- Experienced RedHat certified Engineer with demonstrable RedHat expertise to RHEL7+ with the ability to perform various upgrades and migration tasks.
- Must have recent solid LAMP Technology stack skills (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python)
- Security experience around security remediation/resolution work.
- Comfortable with SSL/TLS (Secure Sockets Layer/ Transport layer security) certificate management.
- LAMP experience within web service management rather than enterprise system management or premise-based system management.
- Technical skills and experience in Unbunto and Debian.
- Good Bash/Shell scripting skills to run unattended and to produce useful output on their
- Understanding of Linux security mechanisms and best practice
- Database administration (MySQL) and SQL development (writing ad-hoc queries,
- optimisation of queries)
- The ability to read and understand Perl to manage older systems.
- Experience of working on migration and update projects from RedHat to Ubunto.
- Exposure to other scripting languages (awk, Perl, Python)
- Ability to quickly diagnose application problems and perform corrective actions during an incident and collect data to provide a technical report afterwards.
Linux Systems Administrator- Linux -LAMP-Desirable experience
- Experience of working on security first projects within an ITIL environment.
- Experience of working with Moodle/Mahara/VLEs applications.
- Experience and skills around Ansible and Cloud Azure.
- Experience of developing dynamic (PHP/MySQL) web applications
- Skills in Version control (e.g. Git) and documentation tools (Mediawiki, Confluence, etc)
- Experience of working in Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, etc) and cloud automation (Terraform, Ansible,)
Fully remote and outside of IR35. 3 Month initial contract with scope to extend
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.