Linux Systems Administrator , Ubuntu , RHEL
£45,000 | Central London | Permanent
Posted 8 days ago
Being a successful applicant for this role will mean working with the CTO and team of DevOps Engineers in combining big data technologies with AI and machine learning to deliver the first of it's kind compliance platform. You will be brought in to manage and maintain the internal development and test infrastructure (hosted in private cloud) and to assist in managing live client environments (hosted in Azure public cloud).
The role will include configuration of operating systems, open source components, configuration of monitoring and alerting and contribution to DevOps development of Ansible and Terraform roles.
Great opportunity for someone in the SysAdmin space to get a flavour of life in DevOps and get closer to the action, potentially paving the way for a career in DevOps.
Their products are designed as cloud native and distributed application layers, formed of many microservices, leading to highly scalable and highly available solutions.
They support all installation paradigms, offline and on-premise, private cloud and public cloud. They do this by leveraging infrastructure as a service from existing providers and installing and utilising open source software such as Mesos Marathon to provide resource abstraction.
* Hands-on management of infrastructure (both private cloud resources as well as physical resources such as laptops and workstations.) This will include configuring networking for both virtual and physical environments, the creation of virtual machines and installation of host operating systems and the configuration of office equipment/firewalls.
* The private cloud infrastructure is configured using vCloud Director and the client is currently support Ubuntu 16.04 and are moving to support Ubuntu 18.x and RHEL. Knowledge of these operating systems is a must.
* Their public cloud offering utilises Terraform for automation and would like to bring this into their private cloud management as well.
Incident Triage and Response
* Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
* Response to clients, third party suppliers and users within SLA's
* Management of support tickets and drive remedial work to mitigate an incident
* Incident triaging with ability to multi-task and prioritise
* Investigation and resolution of outages or abnormal system behaviours
* Escalate incidents based on standard operating procedures, follow up and escalate until resolution
Monitoring and Alerting
* Familiarity of monitoring and logging systems (Zabbix, Graylog, DataDog)
* Management of alerts raised by infrastructure elements
* Perform daily health checks (Network, servers & cloud platforms)
* Assist in analysis of reporting and alerts raised by infrastructure elements
* Prepare and maintain documentation, reports and provide follow up status on identified tasks
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.