£90,000 | City of London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted +1 month ago
Our client is a multinational loyalty and benefits company who is seeking a Legal Counsel on a permanent basis to based from their luxurious offices in Central London. The salary is up to £90,000 plus bonus with excellent career development opportunities. It is expected you would move into a senior role within two years.
Our client delivers products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance. This role sits within their Insurance department as and such! We are looking for candidates from the financial services sector with a passion for insurance (insurance sector ideal). You will be responsible for providing legal support to the Insurance and Assistance divisions of our client.
What is expected of the Legal Counsel?
* Drafting and negotiating a wide range of insurance contracts - including Agency, Introducer, TPA and Claims Handling agreements with new and existing clients.
* Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts - including confidentiality, services and technology agreements.
* Advising on a wide range of Insurance Regulatory matters.
* Identifying and mitigating legal risks and upwards management of key risks and issues to the Divisional General Counsel.
* Advising on a wide range of issues within the Insurance and Assistance divisions - Including advising on Intellectual Property, HR and litigation matters.
* Potential to be involved in drafting and negotiating contracts for other divisions within the group - Including supplier contracts, IT contracts, Intellectual Property agreements and Confidentiality Agreements across the Loyalty and Assistance divisions.
* Assisting other team members with wider group matters as and when required, including involvement in group wide projects and corporate matters.
What we look for in a Legal Counsel?
* Insurance sector experience
* 4 years PQE
* Excellent knowledge and experience of insurance distribution, the UK insurance sector and the law surrounding both.
* Strong commercial mind set and excellent communication and analytical skills
* Excellent independent drafting skills with strong experience of commercial contracts and negotiation.
* Excellent commercial awareness.
* Experience of drafting/negotiating technology contracts, data protection agreements and working on Intellectual Property Rights issues; and
* Experience of working within an international business
What the Legal Counsel will receive?
* A base salary of up to £90,000
* Modern working environment
* Excellent career development opportunities
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.