Lead Data Scientist
£90,000 | Manchester | Permanent
Posted 12 days ago
**Exciting New (Remote-first) Lead Data Scientist Opportunity**
Manchester - Up to £90k + 15% RSA Bonus + fantastic benefits package
Our client are a leading data-driven online retailer, looking for a strong well-rounded Lead Data Scientist, at the top of their technical profession, with good commercial experience, knowledge of how companies benefit from data science and a wealth of statical modelling and NLP experience, who can provide guidance around machine learning and is used to deploying data science models into production.
Ideally you'll have worked your way up through Data Science positions, progressing into Senior and Lead Data Science roles, now leading and managing teams for some time. The ideal person would be used to collaborating with technical peers, having productive conversations with infrastructure and software colleagues to make data science deployable and reusable, and would be comfortable reporting into executive members and communicating complex matters to non-technical audiences.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you'll balance your in-team role alongside managing the personal development and growth of a team of 4 Senior data scientists. You'll be responsible for leading, growing, shaping and nurturing the team and will bring your experience of applying the right techniques to tackle the biggest opportunities.
As an evangelist for Data Science, you'll relish the opportunity to reach out and bring people and data together.
As part of the wider Data team, you'll play a key role in shaping the technical direction of our client's platform and approach to data across the organisation.
Ideally, you'll already be used to working in a fast paced, low ceremony environment, where deployment happens multiple times a day.
* 5+ years of experience working within the data science field, already working in a Lead Data Science role
* 3+ years' experience building, shaping, hiring, line manging, up-skilling and leading teams data science teams, ideally in more than one organisation
* Experience working in end-user organisations, with good appreciation for product delivery/ agile delivery
* Strong technical knowledge of statistics and machine learning
* Experience working with cloud-based data science platforms, such as Databricks
* Fluent at programming in Python and SQL
* Experience working with machine learning libraries such as sklearn, Tensorflow and Spark ML
* Experience working with machine learning in production, including knowledge of MLOps concepts
* Ability to translate business requirements into data-driven solutions
* Great communication, collaboration and influencing skills
Just some of the benefits...
* Flexible working hours and hybrid working - no rigid working hours so you can find the working pattern that's right for you. Ideally you'll be able to work 1 day a week in the office but our client can be flexible for the right person
* Starting holiday allowance of up to 28 days + bank holidays and your birthday off!
* Generous Holiday and Food and Drink discounts across a number of venues in Manchester
* Fantastic personal development opportunities including workshops, courses and professional qualifications!
* Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption pay, plus other family friendly support!
* Employee Assistance Programme and free access to counselling
* Healthcare Plan + Eye care vouchers
* Gym discount
* Share Incentive Plan
* Death in Service cover
* Regular social events
* Travel to Work scheme - interest free train and tram loans
* Cycle to Work scheme
If you believe you have the above experience and are interested in the opportunity, then get in touch today on firstname.lastname@example.org
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.