Juniper Resident Engineer
€500 per day | Kosice | Contract
Posted 20 days ago
Juniper Resident Engineer required for an onsite customer facing position based in Slovakia. The Juniper Resident Engineer will provide consulting services to a service provider customer.
This position requires someone who can combine cloud architecture vision with subject matter expertise on Juniper products/solutions and strong cloud network design skills in both traditional and software defined environments.
Producing multi-cloud designs and implements integrated solutions to meet the challenging requirements of a sophisticated network.
- Engage with customers in a consultative capacity, developing new opportunities and cultivating and maintaining a trusted advisor relationship.
- Help customers define their strategic technical goals in terms of impact to their business.
- Make recommendations to customers for next steps they can take to progress these goals.
- Work with account teams on the account plan and recommend proactive insertion of pre-sales services to help overcome hurtles.
- Lead the technical consulting team in the delivery of post-sale PS engagements.
- Take part in delivery activities, bring in specific technical expertise as needed, and leveraging the engagement for learning opportunities, reusable content, and market data.
- Lead the design and implementation phases, that includes writing high level and low-level design documents and getting customer signoffs.
- Work closely with the cross-functional teams to understand customer roadblocks to craft and implement solution designs to meet their requirements.
- Capture and Document outcomes and build services best-practices which can be used to drive successful engagements.
- Take ownership of high-priority escalations and drive them to resolution in a timely manner in cooperation with relevant internal and external stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications
- A number of years of relevant industry experience in cloud infrastructure design and implementations, systems engineering and networking technologies, with architecture, design, implementation, and operations in advanced medium to large scale service provider or enterprise networks.
- Ability to rationalize business requirements with technical solutions to create network architecture strategic plans and align recommended actions across the immediate and longer term.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate complex and nuanced material to audiences ranging from executive to technical and operational at all levels.
- Hands-on configuration, operational and troubleshooting experience with JunOS and Juniper Networks routing and switching products, one or more other major network vendor products, and typical elements of SDN overlay solutions like Contrail and Appformix
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Technical expertise in the configuration and operation of routers and switches in data center, core, access, campus, and general network environments, including:
- Network operating systems including JunOS, Cisco IOS and/or other major network operating systems.
- IP Networking essentials including addressing/schemes, IP protocol types and typical application usage, traffic patterns and behaviors.
- IP routing protocol expertise (OSPF, IS-IS, BGP), typical routing schemes and network topologies, and IP Multicast routing protocols (PIM, MSDP) and typical schemes.
- Ethernet Networking expertise including VLAN and other L2 encapsulations like VXLAN, various protocols including STP, LACP as well as DCB and FCoE for storage applications.
- Experience and expertise in Juniper Contrail SDN solution.
- Design and implementation experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure is required.
- Data Center Fabric Technologies such as Juniper VCF, Junos Fusion, MC-LAG, IP-Clos, etc.
- MPLS Networking expertise especially services applications including L3VPN, EVPN, NG-MVPN, etc.
- Network based security schemes and a working knowledge of typical state-full firewalling implementations and network-based services including NAT, DHCP, and Caching.
- Working knowledge of network supporting services like DNS, AAA, Logging, SNMP, flow data collection, etc.
- Extensive experience in fault isolation and troubleshooting logic and techniques.
- Operation of network management protocols, tools and software.
- Use of network analyzers, traffic generators, simulators and testing and troubleshooting tools.
- Working knowledge of UNIX systems, Hypervisors and various system virtualization software and schemes, and Orchestration stacks such as Openstack.
- Knowledge of programming or scripting in languages such as Python, and automation frameworks typically used operational automation such as Ansible, etc.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.