Juniper Network Engineer
£60,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 10 days ago
Senior Network Engineer required to work within a small team and be the mentor to junior members of the team, working in a hybrid model, will require travel to the London office.
This is a technical role, and the key focus will be working with your colleagues within the team on BAU and maintenance tasks, as well as supporting new project and programme work.
* Provide effective technical leadership, advice and management that will contribute to the continuous improvement of the council.
* Support, maintain and improve the network, telephony, and mobile service across a variety of industry leading vendor platforms.
* Develop and document where required, technical policies and standards for the planning and design of the network, telephony, and mobile service.
* Ensure delivery of a high-quality user experience, including fit for purpose systems, and high standards of access, availability, usability, usefulness, and excellent standards of service.
* Responsible for compliance with regulations, standards and codes of good practice relating to information security, information management, information assurance and data protection in the design of new solutions and the maintenance of existing solutions.
* Investigate and diagnose complex vendor specific network and telephony problems with support from team colleagues, working with users, other staff, and suppliers as appropriate.
* Resolve such problems to maintain overall network performance.
* Use network management systems software and appropriate analysis equipment to collect routine network load statistics, model performance, and create reports, including proposals for improvement.
* Identify and rectify a broad range of operational exceptions and error conditions and deal effectively and appropriately with unexpected or extraordinary events or incidents.
* Where these actions necessitate modification, restriction or complete removal of resources or services available, to communicate with management, users, specialists, and others, using appropriate methods (e.g., Service Desk), to inform and escalate if necessary.
* Supervise and / or undertake installation and maintenance work associated with the installation, including maintenance routines and environmental and electrical services utilising the appropriate tools and test equipment and ensure that procedures are followed, particularly those relating to safety and security.
* Supervise and give instruction to colleagues where needed in all aspects of current and correct operational practice and delegate responsibility for carrying out specific tasks to individuals as appropriate.
* Ensure the support service is delivered to agreed SLAs, keeping users and colleagues updated on progress.
* Analyse site survey reports and lead development of specifications of requirements and plans for installation and commissioning of network hardware and software.
* Draft and maintain procedures and documentation for network support and ensure that documentation of the supported systems and software is available and in an appropriate form.
* Assist with obtaining and evaluating proposals from suppliers of equipment, software, and other network service providers.
* Maintain existing and any new networking monitoring tools, software, and platforms.
* Apply and maintain specific procedures and security controls as required by organisational policy and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability of business information systems and infrastructure components.
Knowledge & Skills
* Planning, implementation and support of existing WAN and LAN design and equipment
* Planning, implementation and future monitoring of network core designs where needed
* Planning, implementation and future support of Cloud space environment and connectivity
* Support, fault diagnostics and maintenance of existing WAN and LAN design and equipment
* Technical oversight of Corporate Wi-Fi infrastructure
* In-depth knowledge of security, NAT and routing policies
* In-depth knowledge of routing protocols and IPSec VPN creation
* Juniper Edge and Core device support and maintenance
* Core Firewall and device support and maintenance
* Site Firewall support and maintenance
Essential / Technical & Vendor Knowledge:
* Palo Alto series firewalls with PAN-OS knowledge
* Juniper edge and core switches plus firewalls
* Aruba Wi-Fi
* IPSec VPN creation
* eVPN WAN and LAN
* BGP, OSPF and other routing protocol
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.