Competitive | London | Permanent
IQ Talent Solutions
Posted 16 days ago
IQ Talent Solutions are recruiting a Junior Buyer paying a competitive base salary plus £2000 to spend on clothes, for a fashion and retail giant. You will work three days in their West London offices and two days per week from home.
The suitable candidate will be expected will have a background within the fashion industry and have experience working as a Junior Buyer or Assistant Buyer looking for a step up.
What we look for in a Junior Buyer?
* Strong understanding of breakdown of costs within a product to meet margin and profit targets and maintain positive working relationships with supply base.
* Uphold Brand values through product execution: ensuring that all product is made to a high quality and standard and ensure that it fits and flatters Kate.
* Working with your PM partners to identify core lines and programs for the season and put out to tender where necessary.
* Continually update our sustainability strategy, ensuring all product developed has sustainable credentials. Monitor the practices of our competitors and seek out new methods, processes or materials that are more sustainable.
What is expected of the Junior Buyer?
* Quick to respond to current trade and constantly evaluating upcoming ranges, anticipating commercial impact of decisions and looking for opportunities to trade across all channels.
* Build in ability to trade with your supply base to optimise sales in season.
* Regularly review trading performance of your category. If trade within your category is below expectations, suggest appropriate actions to avoid overstocks and avoid markdown.
* To monitor production with suppliers to ensure delivery dates are adhered to.
* Books and monitors cloth commitment to trade effectively through the season.
* To contribute to and help implement the supplier strategy for each season alongside the merchandising, technical and design team. Work with the wider team to ensure our ethical and sustainable requirements are achieved.
* To continually assess supply base, building strong relationships to deliver best price, quality, reliability and repeat lead times.
* To identify potential opportunities and gaps in the supply base e.g. new countries of origin and sourcing routes.
* To work closely with design, technical and merchandising teams, to deliver correct product to the agreed quality standard for the brand.
* Confirms all order details with supplier and ensures the process is completed accurately.
What the Junior Buyer will receive?
* A company with diverse teams, equal opportunities, and fair working and recruitment practices. They believe in hiring the best person for the job whoever they are, helping them thrive in it and celebrating their individuality.
* Stylish, grounded, uplifting - that is our client. They behave like your best friend. They always strive to improve and grow. They curate a world of beauty that is ethical, inclusive - and importantly - good fun. They inspire you to live your best life.
* Hybrid working policy
* Competitive basic salary
* £2000 clothing allowance
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.