Java Developer - Financial Services
Competitive | London | Permanent
Posted 25 days ago
Role: Equity Derivatives Java Developer
Location: London / Hybrid
Purpose of the role:
At IQUAD we have an exciting new position for a Java Developer to work with a top Investment Bank in a team to build their next generation equity derivatives trade capture and lifecycle management platform. The successful candidate will have a real chance to be direct in the delivery of the software and there will also be the opportunity to interact with the end users across continents to gather feedback, resolve issues and incorporate the same in developing technical solutions.
The role is flexible in relation to home working with arrangements in place to support the team of developers to ensure the best possible product delivery. This is including but not limited to flexible & compressed hours and hybrid working.
The role is suited to a candidate that has a passion for application development and a real proficiency of the financial sector.
What you will do:
* Creating detailed technical design and solution for problems in the equity derivatives trade booking and Straight Through Processing domain and implementing the solution
* Contribute to the system architecture
* Guaranteeing the development coincides with the development road map
* Collaborating with global team to best practices for SDLC
* Draw upon banking & finance knowledge to architect technical solutions
* Self-manage technical deliveries in line with deadlines and workload
What you need to have:
* Ideally 1+ years commercial experience as a developer using core Java programming language
* Proven critical thinking skills: ability to understand a problem and transform that into a technical solution
* Experience using AWS is advantageous
* Ideally working knowledge of Oracle and PL/SQL
* Strong ability in writing unit test cases for their solution
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.