IT Transition & Release Manager
£55,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 21 days ago
It Transition / Release Manager (6-12 months FTC with a view to going perm)
South West London
£45,000 - £55,000 + benefits
A top client of InterQuest is embarking on a 5 year plan in IT doing all things from automation, cloud, security infrastructure and more.
The need has come for an additional member of the release / Transition team who are responsible for the planning, scheduling, and controlling of Releases to production to ensure changes to services are delivered in a controlled and repeatable way, without impacting availability or stability of the production services.
If successful and you have passion for release Management and seeing things through to completion you'll be the "Go To" that ensures the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
Furthermore, you'll be responsible for ensuring that all proposed new and changes to services are designed and transitioned to agreed service acceptance criteria aligned to availability, stability, maintainability, security and capacity requirements.
What does your day-to-day look like?
* Responsible for implementation planning including risk mitigation, release activities, technology and people resource planning, go/no go's implementation coordination, early life support checkpoints and lesson learnt reviews.
* Responsible for risk assessment and mitigation of releases to ensure all technologies involved pose as low a risk as possible to production.
* Responsible for the defining the level of baseline testing required for a release, and ensuring that the quality of testing is appropriate.
* Identify and communicate risks to service and the wider business and validating that these are managed through the appropriate risk framework.
* Service Validation and Testing to ensure Operational Acceptance Testing, Failover Testing, Backup testing, and Monitoring are adequately achieved.
* Ensuring adequate Knowledge is provided to all resolver groups and High Level knowledge is available to senior stakeholders.
* Ensuring the safe passage of projects through the IT delivery framework, including attending governance boards (Quality, Change Advisory) to champion the requirements of the service management organisation
What we'd love to see?
* ITIL Foundation level.
* ITIL Release Control & Validation
* ITIL v3 Certified in Service Transition (Intermediate Qualification
* Experience of IT change management
* Understanding and Experience in Business Analysis and impact assessment
* Experience in delivering change within the SDLC
* Solid understanding of Service Design and Transition
* Be able to understand and interject in the build and test lifecycle
* Good understanding of prioritisation scheduling through change
* Good understanding of business relationship's through the various lifecycles
If you are a Release Analyst or even Manager, looking for the right organisation that's on a long-term journey and want to work with some fantastic people with a great social / family feel then look no further and apply with a CV NOW!
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.