IT Support Engineer (Urgent)
£250 per day | London | Contract
Posted 11 days ago
Our client is a well-established financial services organisation based in the City of London. The client is now looking for a passionate IT Support Engineer to join their team to provide technical support to be involved in the general technical support, administration, design, deployment and support of local infrastructure ensuring service availability and successful delivery of solutions, over 4 offices, supporting 80+ users.
You will perform a mixture of 1st/2nd line with exposure to 3rd line IT tasks across a small user base. You will be responsible for supporting desktops, networks, telephony, mobile devices, video conference, virtualisation, storage, Windows server operating systems and desktop operating systems and preforming daily checks on the network, storage and backups.
You will be exposed to a broad range of industry leading technology, providing guidance and support to users across the entire infrastructure. Your focus will be the support of key technologies including VMware, Citrix, VoIP, Microsoft Exchange and NetApp storage and Microsoft SCCM.
Working with a variety of technologies, the client is looking for the successful candidate to work closely with the business stakeholders and eventually take ownership on small IT infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will take responsibility to provide infrastructure support on a Microsoft Windows Server environment. Core skills will include Active Directory support and networking. Any MCSE, MCTS, and MCITP/CCNA accreditation would be advantageous but is not essential. This is role a great opportunity for someone who wants to expand their technical skill set have the opportunity to work with variety of technologies.
Key skills, attributes and characteristics:
* Experience with the support and deployment of VMware enterprise solutions (Vmotion, Storage vmotion, applying data store, configuring vswitch; Assembling memory, write cache memory, HDD. Build up the RAID system, updating BIOS)
* Proven experience with administration Windows 7 / Windows 10
* Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills for desktop and networking
* Responsible for administration and support of all company Apple devices, using MDM
* Experience managing Avaya IP Office, including administration of PBX,& voice recording
* Experience of Citrix managed desktop and published application environments
* Optional experience of Microsoft SCCM 2010 / 2016
* Optional experience with the support and deployment of VMware
* Optional knowledge SAN storage, such as NetApp, EMC, HP MSA series.
* An good understanding of data security protocols (network, server and principles)
* Understanding of network design and communication protocols within LAN/WAN/VLAN environments (Cisco, PaloAlto, HP etc)
This is a fantastic role where you will need to have a high degree of energy, enthusiasm and commitment to succeed. The role is a brand new role and will require flexibility and creative thinking skills to relentlessly contribute towards making a truly great service. Candidates must be able to build and maintain good relationships with those around them - at all levels of the business. Client is looking to grow the infrastructure team in the next 6-12 months.
This will be a very varied role that will appeal to somebody who enjoys juggling a number of different projects and who doesn't mind being interrupted to resolve an IT crisis. You need to enjoy being part of the team and a problem solver to get the most out of this role.
Fantastic opportunity to join a great client; interview slots to fill, send CV today to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.