IT Support Engineer (Urgent)
£29,000 | Crawley | Permanent
Posted 14 days ago
Our client is a leading organisation based in Crawley and they are urgently looking to take on a IT Support Engineer. Working as part of the Service Delivery Team to provide a high level of support and service delivery to employees, undertaking analysis, diagnosis and resolution of incidents and requests. Accomplishing project objectives by planning project activities, evaluating implementation and progress.
* Being the first point of contact for all IT-related support for the firm, ensuring that each support call (telephone, e-mail or in person) is dealt with promptly, efficiently, competently, and professionally.
* Providing remote technical support for computer applications and hardware, including: Microsoft Office Suite (2016/365), Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Windows 10, Remote Access (VPN, RSA, Citrix), Mobile technologies (BlackBerry Work, iOS, Android, inTune), Remote desktop (VNC/TeamViewer).
* Using our clients IT Service Management tool (ITSM) to provide appropriate troubleshooting tracking log, escalation, and documentation.
* Provide support and resolution to IT issues and requests at the desk side, via phone, via email, or via other support technologies provided for that purpose. Traveling to remote sites as required.
* Ensure incidents and requests are completed in line with KPI targets and SLA objectives.
* Provide support documentation to colleges and end users to assist with the sharing of knowledge, providing training and upskilling as is required.
* Perform software installations and updates on-site, at remote offices, at retail stores and home offices. Either in person, remotely or utilizing a 3rd party.
* Perform hardware maintenance (builds, upgrades and repairs) on-site, at remote offices, at retail stores. Either in person, remotely or utilizing a 3rd party.
* Create and maintain all appropriate service desk documentation - Supplier contact details, IT policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Diagrams and desk layouts with user details, assets register, etc.
* Manage the support of but not limited to: PC's, Laptops, Servers, Photocopiers, Printers, Backups, Office 365, Active Directory, Phone System etc.
* Provide 1st/ 2nd line cover for all users and offices.
* Maintain the Asset Management Database and track changes.
* Actively promote IT in a positive light.
* Understand and abide by Company and departmental rules, policies and procedures.
* To carry out other duties as requested by management at time to time.
Previous Experience and Knowledge:
* 1 years' experience of 1st line support/ delivery.
* Ideally some knowledge of ITIL and Service Desk operations.
* Demonstrable experience of delivering exceptional Customer Service
* Clear communication skills using all media, tailored appropriately for the audience.
* Ability to work under pressure and to agreed targets
* Proven problem-solving skills, with a methodical and logical approach
* Understanding of the architecture for web/internet applications and their structure
* Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications in an Office365 environment.
* Experience working to set procedures and auditing requirements.
Our client is offering a superb range of benefits. A fantastic opportunity to join a great blue-chip organisation, exclusive to InterQuest Group, short listing and arranging first stage interviews this week- send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.