IT Service Engagement Lead
£95,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 17 days ago
As Service Engagement & Governance Lead, you will form an integral part of our Extended Leadership team and Service Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Head of Service within the Technology Service Division of the organisation.
* You will be a strong advocate for the organisation's future vision, and drive accountability for Technology's strategic engagement regarding Technology services with our key stakeholders. You will govern the processes that manage and minimise risk of change to live services.
* As Service Engagement & Governance Lead you will have 4 direct reports, each leading teams that govern and manage core processes, and one deputy that manages the Service Management function. The area has circa 25 people directly aligned to it currently, with scope for growth. It is expected that third party partnerships will also be aligned where needed.
* You will champion continuous improvement in Service Engagement & Governance area through:
* Operational excellence driven by an empowered and motivated team
* Working closely with Architecture to produce and articulately communicate a clear view of the Technology's future strategy
* Increasing awareness and understanding of our goals and pressures to support Technology to realise our strategy
* Effective governance of all Service processes
* Effective service improvements, establishing robust contract & commercial capability within the area, striving to deliver the best value for money across delivery and operational expenditure.
* Providing expert advice and guidance to drive ITIL best practice as adopted by the organisation, leveraging existing toolsets and processes to support business outcomes
* Partnership with Delivery teams across Technology to ensure that all change is delivered in a timely and cost effective way, minimising risk and ensuring alignment to our future Technology Service Strategy.
* Effective management of issues, risks, audit and compliance obligations for the area
* The Service Engagement & Governance area is responsible for managing strategic engagement with stakeholders across the organisation and Technology, and for governing the processes that manage (and minimise risk of) change to live services.
As a Technology Leader, you will:
* Possess contemporary industry knowledge, gravitas and the influencing skills required to engage senior partners and stakeholders (internal and external
* Develop a strong internal network Support your immediate peer group with relevant expertise
* Act as a role model demonstrating a risk-aware approach and commercial acumen
* Build a strategy for your area that supports advancement in Technology's vision
* As part of your day-to-day leadership & management responsibilities, you will:
* Drive and manage a talent succession pipeline
* Share information regularly and effectively
* Support and mentor staff
* Communicate a clear vision
* Take accountability for engagement scores within Service Management and Transition and drive positive change
* Motivate your team to enable a productive, empowered and motivated environment
* Set clear goals and stretching objectives
* Champion an Inclusive environment where everyone can be their whole selves and produce their best work
This is a people management role. You will be responsible for day to day management of the team and for defining roles and responsibilities. You will develop your team through sharing information effectively, coaching and communicating a clear vision to ensure that your staff are productive, engaged and motivated to deliver the area's aims. This will include setting clear goals and smart stretching objectives that are aligned to those of the team, division and directorate. You will also be responsible for managing all staff-related matters that may arise including performance, absence and sickness.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.