IT Service Desk Lead
£38,000 | Buckinghamshire | Permanent
Posted 13 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Service Desk Lead to join our small but passionate FinTech business. The client is offering varied and challenging environment with the opportunity to become a part of something much bigger that is maturing and improving systems that underpin the organisation. You will line manage the newly formed service desk team in addition to a hands on element where you'll be expected to lead from the front.
* Effective ticket management and work logging
* Diagnose, investigate and resolve incidents and problems
* Coordinate and monitor daily team activity
* Managing the support transition of new technology into the business
* Ensuring asset records are up to date
* Collaborate and liaise with external support functions
* Following policies and procedures in accordance with guidelines and workflows
* Provide effective communication to end users and stakeholders
* Ensuring best practice security and hardening measures are in place
* Creating and maintaining a knowledge database for the team
* Assist in the training and professional development of the technical support staff
* Manage the build and maintenance process for all client computers - including patching and hardware refreshes
* Ensure accurate and useful metrics/reports are available to relevant parties
* Manage day to day tasks to support our call centre communications platform
* Provide line management to 3 staff members initially and assist in the future expansion of the team
This is a fantastic role where you will need to have a high degree of energy, enthusiasm and commitment to succeed. The role will require flexibility and creative thinking skills to relentlessly contribute towards making a truly great service. Candidates must be able to build and maintain good relationships with those around them - at all levels of the business. The client is offering fantastic opportunity for career progression.
A pre-requisite is the ability to communicate & present effectively to stakeholders up to Director Level (written & aural). You'll have demonstrable experience of ITIL (preferably V3/4 foundation) & of managing a service desk team.
Fantastic opportunity to join a great client in a high profile role; interviews scheduled for next week, send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment. Please note this role will involve occassional travel to London too.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.