IT Service Delivery Transformation Lead
£80,000 | London | Permanent
Posted 14 days ago
Summary: My Client haveput in place a technology transformation program that will replace large parts of their legacy technology landscape with newer technologies such as Cloud, ERP and Microservice based digital technologies. Their Service Delivery operating model needs to be transformed in line with overall business transformation objectives.
You will be responsible for transforming our current Service Management Framework by effectively designing, building and implementing a modern Service Delivery Operating Model with key focus on service excellence and high customer satisfaction. You will create an operating model that provides the right balance between control and agility to effectively operate Cloud and Digital technologies. This will include all aspects of the operating model such as organization structures, resourcing and people strategy, tooling, processes, outsourcing partners and commercials to ensure the new technologies being introduced can be effectively supported and operated on an enduring basis.
You will play a key role in the enablement of a robust support organization responsible for operating an automated, scalable, continuous delivery platform using the latest technologies and developed using infrastructure as code. You will ensure that the new framework meets the requirements of both our legacy and new transformed technology landscape and that there is a seamless process integration across them by implementing an effective bi-modal operating model.
You will have an opportunity to shape and build a modern Service Management operating model by combining strategic thought leadership and effective program delivery. You will be accountable for transforming our entire IT Service Delivery and Operations function to a more modern operating model based on emerging best practices such as SRE and DevOps.
* Transform the existing Service Management framework to be more agile, whilst providing effective governance and control to support the business strategy of being faster, clearer and simpler as part of our Target operating Model workstream
* Enable a DevOps culture of collaboration, communication and automation
* Ensure effective project delivery to implement agreed operating models on time and on budget
* Producing high quality documentation such as business cases, operating models, process framework, organization structure, tooling architecture, policies, SLAs & KPIs, etc.
* Identify, report and manage risks related throughout the transformation
* Provide clear and comprehensive plans that enable the wider technology transformation program to align their activities with service delivery transformation roadmap
* Ensure that stakeholders remain appraised of service transformation progress, issues, risks and achievements
* Lead the selection of strategic service partners and tooling providers as per the agreed operating model
* Design and implement a modern Service Delivery operating model that is appropriate to operate technologies such as Cloud, Microservices and ERP using emerging best practices such as SRE and DevOps.
* Working closely with Enterprise Architecture to shape and influence IT Strategy from Service & Operations perspective by using your expertise in Service Management to provide thought leadership
* Create 'to-be' operating models for all aspects of Service Delivery and prepare business cases to secure funding to transition from 'as-is' operating models. These would include aspects such as the Service Desk, Service Management tooling, Operational Monitoring tooling, Process Automation, Infrastructure Operations, Application Support, SRE & Cloud DevOps, Deskside Support and Security Operations.
* Build and recruit a competent Service Delivery transformation team as per the resourcing model approved in the business cases.
* Create a clear transition and implementation plan culminating into an overall Service Delivery Transformation Roadmap
* Work closely with the Service Design and Transition function to ensure newly transformed technology services are being landed into newly created operating models as appropriate
Acting as the Product Owner for current and future Service Management tools to extract maximum value for business benefit by ensuring new and existing product features are effectively rolled out and maintained. Ensure a clear product roadmap is maintained in line with Service Strategy.
* Proven experience of transforming Service Management operating models and implementing a modern Service Management framework through effective thought leadership, preferably in a retail environment
* Strong experience of designing and implementing a 'two-speed' IT Service Model to effectively manage Cloud and Digital technologies along with more traditional enterprise technologies
* Experience in implementing modern Service Management Frameworks which balances control with agility to enable faster route to market for the business whilst protecting the stability and reliability of the service
* Experience of implementing industry leading Service Management tools such as Service Now and BMC Remedy, especially for improving customer experience through use of automation and self service
* Experience of implementing industry leading Operational Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic.
* Experience of implementing operational process automations tools such as Pager Duty, xMatters, Ops Genie, Slack, Status Page, etc.
Demonstrable experience of securing funding through business case pitches for transforming operating models
* ITILv3 qualification in Service Strategy, Service Design and Service Transition
* Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) or VeriSM or ITILv4
* Degree level education in a computing related subject
Project Management qualifications an advantage
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.