IT Security Engineer (Urgent)
£55,000 | Brighton | Permanent
Posted 23 days ago
Our client is a leading financial services organisation based in Brighton & Hove. They are currently undergoing an enterprise scale programme of development & transformation/change. They urgently require an IT Security Engineer to join a highly skilled and growing team.
* Identify & assess potential risks, threats and opportunities of Security vulnerabilities across making recommendations to remove or mitigate identified risks/issues.
* Keep up to date with security trends, threats and control measures.
* Develop & maintain regular management information & IT security metrics for regular reporting
* Conduct IT security control reviews & attestations for a full range of control types and techniques, across IT infrastructure, systems & applications and recommend appropriate action to eliminate or reduce the security risk
* Work with colleagues in the IT Security team to deliver an effective IT Security framework
* Support colleagues in own Team and IT Department, in meeting overall departmental objectives
Skills, experience & knowledge:
* Work with little supervision, escalating conflicting priorities and inconsistencies in line with defined practices.
* Mature, calm and forward thinking approach evidential.
* Proven drive and commitment.
* Have undertaken process improvement initiatives
* Ability to provide (or propose) solutions or mitigations to risks & issues
* Ability to work under pressure, interacting with senior management on escalated issues.
* Excellent communication skills to be able to communicate effectively to all levels of management & staff with varying technical knowledge both orally and with written communications.
* An understanding of the cybersecurity threat landscape, significant risks, technical developments & directions
* Knowledge of cyber security
* Use of industry standard vulnerability identification tools
* IT Security related qualifications is desirable
* Good knowledge of Information Security standards or best practice e.g. ISO27001, NCSC or NIST frameworks
* A good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server & client operating systems
* Knowledge VMWare virtualisation technologies, including high availability and Zerto.
* SAN Management - HP 3PAR & EMC VNX preferred
* Good Knowledge of Networking (Cisco switches and ASA firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, WIFI)
* Understanding of Azure & Office365 / Exchange online
Fantastic opportunity, interviews next week, send your CV ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.