IT Release Manager
£400 per day | London | Contract
Posted 26 days ago
IT Release Manager (AWS, Digital)
£350.00 - £400.00 Per Day
An exciting time to join one of InterQuest's thriving clients is here!!!!!
Working across the organisations Tech and change department, You'll be at the forefront of change, helping to plan, schedule and control IT releases to productuion all related to their new digital platform.
You will have the responsibility to ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
You'll also be responsible for ensuring all proposed new and changes to services are designed and transitioned to agreed service acceptance criteria aligned to availability, stability, maintainability, security and capacity requirements.
Various other wide-spread opportunites will also come under your remit;
* Implementation planning including risk mitigation, release activities, technology and people resource planning, go/no gos implementation coordination, early life support checkpoints and lesson learnt reviews.
* Risk assessment and mitigation of releases to ensure all technologies involved pose as low a risk as possible to production.
* Defining the level of baseline testing required for a release, and ensuring that the quality of testing is appropriate.
* Identify and communicate risks to service and the wider business and validating that these are managed through the appropriate risk framework.
* Service Validation and Testing to ensure Operational Acceptance Testing, Failover Testing, Backup testing, and Monitoring are adequately achieved.
* Ensuring adequate Knowledge is provided to all resolver groups and High Level knowledge is available to senior stakeholders.
* Ensuring the safe passage of projects through the IT delivery framework, including attending governance boards (Quality, Change Advisory) to champion the requirements of the service management organisation
* Ensure all change requests are submitted in a timely manner with as much information as possible, attend the CAB to review changes.
* Produce and maintain release reporting including status reporting.
What is this organisation looking for?
* Influencing and scheduling skills
* Relationship, stakeholder management
* Ability to make informed decisions in high pressure situations
* Transparent planning and communication skills
* Manage risk effectively
* Readily accept and embrace change
* Good reporting skills on release and incident management
* Ability to influence senior stakeholders as well as wider teams and peers
* Understand technologies and make informed decisions based on components required for implementation
* Understanding of ITIL processes, Foundation Level as a minimum
* Good understanding of Incident and Problem management
* Good understanding of BAU processes
* Good understanding of test management and practices
So if you are looking for your next interesting and exciting venture and want to be part of a fantastic team of experts and have experience in Rlease Management, particularly in the cloud/digital space then send a CV through for aconversation.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.