IT Procurement Manager
£70,000 | United Kingdom | Permanent
Posted 1 month ago
Home based - occassional travel to office in London
£50,000 - £70,000 depending on experience
The successful candidate will lead a busy Procurement team managing the business demands for IT products and services and other related items.
The candidate should have significant experience of procurement and supply chain within the IT Services industry.
Excellent communication skills are essential as is the ability to effectively liaise with all levels of personnel and management at a broad range of Suppliers to negotiate pricing and manage complex delivery schedules.
The role will involve working closely with all areas of the business and with the CFO/CEO to help drive strategic decisions.
* The ability to manage multiple IT tenders simultaneously making necessary plans and interlinking timescales.
* Experience of tendering IT equipment including network services, hardware and peripherals, servers, storage, high performance computing, consultancy, data centres, managed IT services, software solutions and cloud based services (SaaS & PaaS)
* Knowledge and experience of recent developments in dynamic procurement and best practice in e-procurement and e-sourcing (e-options).
* The ability to work within the procurement guidelines to deliver outcomes and solutions.
* Ability to draft specifications and tender documents including evaluating scoresheets and pricing matrices.
* Ability to be an active team player and contribute productively to the procurement team whilst being proactive and available for the broader organisation.
* Oversea the reconciliation of delivery and invoice queries with suppliers, challenging discrepancies
* Assessment of supplier capabilities, ensuring value for money
* Implementation of standard Supplier Agreements
* Management of Purchase order systems and reporting tools
* Identification and implementation of cost reduction initiatives
* Identification and implementation of supplier performance improvement actions
Essential Skills & Experience
* 10+ years within a procurement role
* 3+ years leading a procurement team
* 3+ years procuring IT equipment and services
* Excellent communication/ influencing/ relationship building skills at all levels
* Excellent financial awareness and an ability to design innovative procurement models
* Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills
* Knowledge of a variety of procurement tools
* Innovative problem solver with analytical mind
* Experience of supply chain solutions
* Able to resolve complex supplier disputes.
* Flexible and positive attitude, able to keep a col head in a busy working environment.
If this is something of interest please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.